GDT 10/11/21 Week 5: 3-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-3 Indianapolis Colts

DreamKid

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Ken McKusick's scoring on him for the Denver game-

Bozeman:  Bradley took a step back.  He was party to 3 pressure events, including 2 full charges (beaten right by DT Harris, Q3, 13:39; bulled by NT Purcell, Q4, 2:12).  He also missed 9 blocks, 7 of which came on run plays and 6 of which were losses at LoS.  This was a game where he was on the ground a lot, including 3 plays where he slipped, tripped, or was shed as he was entering level 2.  He had 2 blocks in level 2 but did not have a solo pancake or highlight.  He was not assigned to pull. 

Scoring:  70 plays, 58 blocks, 9 missed, 2.33 pressures, 53.33 points (.76 per play).  That’s a D with adjustment.

Also in the Ravens' wired episode for the game, Bozeman admits to Joe D'Alessandris that he struggled. "I don't know if I had my best day today coach, but we'll build on it". It's right at the end. -(9:47)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cDRYHxT9lY

Yeah, he definitely didn’t perform at the same level against the Broncos as the previous games where he was mostly dominant.

11 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Stop Jonathan Taylor and we win the game.

Taylor is a break 2 or 3 tackles and then turn on the burners for a long TD type of runner. Reminded me a lot of Jamal Lewis in college. So if our defense is doing their slip & slide tackling nonsense- it could be bad. 

Will be important for our offense to score points quickly in this one so we remove their run game as a factor early. Force Wentz to win it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Taylor is a break 2 or 3 tackles and then turn on the burners for a long TD type of runner. Reminded me a lot of Jamal Lewis in college. So if our defense is doing their slip & slide tackling nonsense- it could be bad. 

Will be important for our offense to score points quickly in this one so we remove their run game as a factor early. Force Wentz to win it.

Agreed. That’s where I’m at. If we can blitzkrieg them with the passing attack for a quick three score advantage that would be huge in allowing our squad to play towards its best strategic strength in this game.

• Like 1

Easy to say stop Taylor. I believe it will be the dump offs. Wentz under pressure isn’t good and looks to the backs. If Hines sits, that’s a win for us. Otherwise both backs do have speed to beat us on the dump offs. Haven’t loved Queen on the RBs

Wonder if we allow Humphrey shadow Pittman. Big body with speed and a player I loved for us to draft. Good test for Humph. 

10 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

How’s the Ravens with covering TE? Mo Alie-Cox is coming off a 2 TD game and is finally be used as the primary TE. 

We struggled against Waller and Kelce, both cause they're incredibly good players and because we lacked the best personnel to defend them at the time, but since Jimmy Smith has returned from injury we've fared pretty well. Kept TJ Hockenson and Noah Fant quiet in consecutive weeks.

So I'd assume we'll do alright against him. That said, the 2021 Ravens are full of surprises and that's preventing me from being overly confident in any department. It's pretty much a wait and see deal for everything at this point. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Ken McKusick's scoring on him for the Denver game-

Bozeman:  Bradley took a step back.  He was party to 3 pressure events, including 2 full charges (beaten right by DT Harris, Q3, 13:39; bulled by NT Purcell, Q4, 2:12).  He also missed 9 blocks, 7 of which came on run plays and 6 of which were losses at LoS.  This was a game where he was on the ground a lot, including 3 plays where he slipped, tripped, or was shed as he was entering level 2.  He had 2 blocks in level 2 but did not have a solo pancake or highlight.  He was not assigned to pull. 

Scoring:  70 plays, 58 blocks, 9 missed, 2.33 pressures, 53.33 points (.76 per play).  That’s a D with adjustment.

Also in the Ravens' wired episode for the game, Bozeman admits to Joe D'Alessandris that he struggled. "I don't know if I had my best day today coach, but we'll build on it". It's right at the end. -(9:47)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cDRYHxT9lY

He may have had a rough afternoon by his standards but I didn't see anything that bad with my own eyes and PFF seemed to grade him favorably in the matchup as well. In my opinion I think he has done a great job thus far.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

This is good to see. I was hoping the extra day off would greatly benefit AV. Him being able to recover makes me a lot more comfortable with our OL situation heading into Monday. Should be able to provide some average protection at least and allow Lamar to utilize our weapons for the better.

22 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Have a weird feeling about tonight not gonna lie. This season has been so wonky already...would be totally on brand for the 2021 Ravens so far if they went out and lost at home to the Colts

I feel the opposite, I have a feeling last week Was us starting to mesh and we blow out the Colts in prime time and put the league on notice that we are for real this season 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1