Jump to content

GDT 10/11/21 Week 5: 3-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-3 Indianapolis Colts


Recommended Posts

TBH I still think we break the record at a later date. This is probably the worst OL Lamar will ever play with, and what are the chances of us losing our entire HB room to injury again- Like 0.1%? The defense being this bad is atypical as well, so we'll see more leads in the future and subsequently even more runs.

I mean it's hard to think of any team rushing record that won't be ours eventually, if we don't already have it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DreamKid said:

TBH I still think we break the record at a later date. This is probably the worst OL Lamar will ever play with, and what are the chances of us losing our entire HB room to injury again- Like 0.1%? The defense being this bad is atypical as well, so we'll see more leads in the future and subsequently even more runs.

I mean it's hard to think of any team rushing record that won't be ours eventually, if we don't already have it. 

Personally I think that’s as good as we’ll get. It just takes too long a time to compile the numbers for something not to happen; injuries, passing shootout, schematic changes, etc.

Plus Lamar is only getting older and the older he gets, the less he can afford to carry the run game on his own merits.

So as opposed to Lamar being a dependable 60 yards every game, he might only be at 45 yards 3 years from now… and that’s the amount of time it would take to set the record, assuming we start it back up this season, which by the looks of it, might be a tumultuous prospect.

Plus I suppose the benefit is that we no longer have to worry about the coaches game script being influenced with the idea of the record in mind. We can just focus on calling the best plays.

In terms of rushing records though, I definitely can see next year, with Dobbins and Gus likely pushing each other and competing in recovery and with the front office having plenty of assets to enhance the OL, I certainly see the squad breaking the rushing record again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Though on the records note, I’m more focused on the prospect of Lamar setting the all time perfect passer games record.

He’s at 2 games, the record is at 4 games with both Big Ben and Peyton Manning sharing it.

With the way defenses are selling out to stop the rushing attack, with our collection of weapons, and with how much the offense has been airing it out, I think Lamar has a good enough shot at picking up 1-2 games this season.

I could see Miami’s defense that’s been below average against the run and the pass, selling out to stop the run and getting torched, like a couple seasons ago. I mean, we know Lamar and Hollywood will probably be looking to go off, so close to home.

Beyond that the a team with a strong pass defense but is below average against the run (like the Chargers and Vikings) might look to sell out to stop the run and find themselves exposed for high passing efficiency numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2021 at 5:02 PM, DreamKid said:

Ken McKusick's scoring on him for the Denver game-

Bozeman:  Bradley took a step back.  He was party to 3 pressure events, including 2 full charges (beaten right by DT Harris, Q3, 13:39; bulled by NT Purcell, Q4, 2:12).  He also missed 9 blocks, 7 of which came on run plays and 6 of which were losses at LoS.  This was a game where he was on the ground a lot, including 3 plays where he slipped, tripped, or was shed as he was entering level 2.  He had 2 blocks in level 2 but did not have a solo pancake or highlight.  He was not assigned to pull. 

Scoring:  70 plays, 58 blocks, 9 missed, 2.33 pressures, 53.33 points (.76 per play).  That’s a D with adjustment.

 

Also in the Ravens' wired episode for the game, Bozeman admits to Joe D'Alessandris that he struggled. "I don't know if I had my best day today coach, but we'll build on it". It's right at the end. -(9:47)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cDRYHxT9lY

 

Bozeman had another bad game according to Ken's grading. His two worst games coming against the best DI competition he's faced(Broncos, Colts), tells us a lot. We don't want him to be Lamar's long term Center. This entire line needs to be reworked, outside of Stanley. Good thing we have a lot of picks in 2022. 

https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/offensive-notes-week5-2021-colts/

Bozeman:  Bradley again struggled, particularly with his pulls.  He allowed shares of 2 sacks (beaten right by DT Buckner after Zeitler dropped off, Q1, 14:15; bulled then shed by DE Tyquan Lewis on pull, Q3, 11:56).  He was party to 3 other pressure events and allowed a full penetration when he whiffed on DE Kemoko Turay on a pull (Q2, 10:09).  He also missed 6 blocks, 5 of which were losses at the LoS.  He had 1 block in level 2 and delivered 1 pancake. On 5 total pulls, he netted -4.5 points.  He had no highlight. 

Scoring:  70 plays, 58 blocks, 6 missed, 1 penetration, 1.5 pressures, ½ QH, 1.17 (1/2 + 2/3) sacks, 44.5 points (.64 per play).  That’s an F even after adjustment.

Any return to normalcy for the Ravens dominant run game of 2019-20 will involve solid play or better from all 3 interior linemen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Bozeman had another bad game according to Ken's grading. His two worst games coming against the best DI competition he's faced(Broncos, Colts), tells us a lot. We don't want him to be Lamar's long term Center. This entire line needs to be reworked, outside of Stanley. Good thing we have a lot of picks in 2022. 

https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/offensive-notes-week5-2021-colts/

Bozeman:  Bradley again struggled, particularly with his pulls.  He allowed shares of 2 sacks (beaten right by DT Buckner after Zeitler dropped off, Q1, 14:15; bulled then shed by DE Tyquan Lewis on pull, Q3, 11:56).  He was party to 3 other pressure events and allowed a full penetration when he whiffed on DE Kemoko Turay on a pull (Q2, 10:09).  He also missed 6 blocks, 5 of which were losses at the LoS.  He had 1 block in level 2 and delivered 1 pancake. On 5 total pulls, he netted -4.5 points.  He had no highlight. 

Scoring:  70 plays, 58 blocks, 6 missed, 1 penetration, 1.5 pressures, ½ QH, 1.17 (1/2 + 2/3) sacks, 44.5 points (.64 per play).  That’s an F even after adjustment.

Any return to normalcy for the Ravens dominant run game of 2019-20 will involve solid play or better from all 3 interior linemen.

I would hold off on making a definitive assessment of Bozeman as C until he has a full season worth of experience. He could improve. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2021 at 5:10 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Personally I think that’s as good as we’ll get. It just takes too long a time to compile the numbers for something not to happen; injuries, passing shootout, schematic changes, etc.

Plus Lamar is only getting older and the older he gets, the less he can afford to carry the run game on his own merits.

So as opposed to Lamar being a dependable 60 yards every game, he might only be at 45 yards 3 years from now… and that’s the amount of time it would take to set the record, assuming we start it back up this season, which by the looks of it, might be a tumultuous prospect.

Plus I suppose the benefit is that we no longer have to worry about the coaches game script being influenced with the idea of the record in mind. We can just focus on calling the best plays.

In terms of rushing records though, I definitely can see next year, with Dobbins and Gus likely pushing each other and competing in recovery and with the front office having plenty of assets to enhance the OL, I certainly see the squad breaking the rushing record again.

Flip side to this is the 6x 3rd and 4th round picks we have this draft (with a bunch of small school / senior holdovers from last draft) may represent a perfect opportunity to opportunistically take yet another high quality back as insurance re: Gus and Jk’s injuries. That sort of talent at the position barring freak injuries striking again could get us to ~40 again over the next 2.5 years if we were able to get it the rest of this season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, drd23 said:

NFL didn't miss the dirty play by Doyle that sucked in Tavon

 

Odd that intentional fouls such as that draw less of a monetary fine then an unintentional foul like Oweh's against Den. Odafe was fined 11.5K. Doyle clearly loomed over Tavon and deliberately struck at his head/neck. 

Asking for sensible action from the NFL is always a waste of time though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Odd that intentional fouls such as that draw less of a monetary fine then an unintentional foul like Oweh's against Den. Odafe was fined 11.5K. Doyle clearly loomed over Tavon and deliberately struck at his head/neck. 

Asking for sensible action from the NFL is always a waste of time though.

Well that would be also be considering intent and the NFL, while it can assume Oweh’s intent was simply to sack the QB, they can’t necessarily prove that his intent wasn’t to concuss the QB. So even though Doyle’s move was more overtly scumbagish, Oweh’s caused more physical damage to his opponent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...