2021-2022 NBA Predictions Thread

NYRaider

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How many rookies were contributors on playoff teams last season?

Idk. What I do know is the Nets drafted like what 5 players which is alot of drafting for a championship caliber team. So thats unique all by itself. 

I said Cam is a darkhorse or sleeper. If he plays well he will get more opportunity as the season goes on. KD and Harden will take games off for load management and Cam will definitely get the spotlight to shine even more. I know Cam more than likely wont win so Im not saying for certain he will. I can name you at least 5 rookies that have a better chance of winning bc they will be on crappy teams and getting all of the minutes. If they can even slightly improve the team they will definitely get more votes than Cam. Again I said Cam is a darkhorse that if he does win I wouldnt be surprise. 

NBA Finals matchup/Champion: Golden State over Atlanta

MVP: Steph Curry

DPOY: Giannis Antetokounmpo

6MOY: Tyler Herro

COY: Quin Snyder (Jazz)

ROY: Chris Duarte

MIP: Nickel Alexander-Walker

Western Conference Standings:

1. Jazz, 2. Warriors, 3. Mavericks, 4. Lakers, 5. Suns, 6. Nuggets, 7. Trailblazers, 8. Kings

Eastern Conference Standings:

1. Bucks, 2. Hawks, 3. Bulls, 4. Knicks, 5. Heat, 6. 76ers, 7. Celtics, 8. Nets

Edited by DoleINGout
Completely blanked on MIP; NAW has been my guy going back to last season.

On 10/14/2021 at 5:31 PM, stl4life07 said:

Idk. What I do know is the Nets drafted like what 5 players which is alot of drafting for a championship caliber team. So thats unique all by itself. 

I said Cam is a darkhorse or sleeper. If he plays well he will get more opportunity as the season goes on. KD and Harden will take games off for load management and Cam will definitely get the spotlight to shine even more. I know Cam more than likely wont win so Im not saying for certain he will. I can name you at least 5 rookies that have a better chance of winning bc they will be on crappy teams and getting all of the minutes. If they can even slightly improve the team they will definitely get more votes than Cam. Again I said Cam is a darkhorse that if he does win I wouldnt be surprise. 

Cam only played 4 minutes in garbage time, unlikely he's even in the rotation especially when Kyrie comes back.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:07 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Zion would have won had he not been hurt half the year.  Mobley has a better all around game than most bigs coming into the league.  He will separate from the others as he is more talented than Allen and Lauri. Cleveland will battle for one of those play in spots.  I dont trust the Knicks still and the Cavs are in that next tier.  If Mobley plays well, they could easily be there especially if Garland and Sexton take more steps forward. 

This is also looking like a good call, Mobley looked amazing.

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cam only played 4 minutes in garbage time, unlikely he's even in the rotation especially when Kyrie comes back.

Im aware of that. Thus why I said he could see playing time as the season goes along if he shows to play well and on those nights where KD and/or Harden is resting Cam will definitely be getting more minutes imo if he shows to be playing well. Right now I dont expect him to get a ton of run but its a long season. I know his odds are slim to none though. 

NBA Finals matchup/Champion: Nets over Suns

MVP: Luka Doncic

DPOY: Giannis

6MOY: Jordan Clarkson

COY: Steve Nash

ROY: Cade Cunningham

MIP: Nickeil Alexander-Walker

Western Conference Standings:

1. Suns

2. Lakers

3. Jazz

4. Nuggets

5. Mavericks

6. Warriors

7. Clippers

8. Trailblazers

9. Grizzlies

10. Pelicans

Eastern Conference Standings:

1. Bucks

2. Nets

3. Heat

4. Celtics

5. 76ers

6. Hawks

7. Bulls

8. Knicks

9. Pacers

10. Hornets

Edited by amac

Miles Bridges looking to be the MIP this year so far.  Scoring 26+ a game with 52/40/90 splits so far.  If he can keep that up he will easily win with doubling his points production from previous years. His PER went from 15 to 26 and improved both his D and O rating.  Will be interesting to see if he can keep it up.