DT Eliglible To Return From IR/What Now?

soulman

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I think both will be cheaper than what he "wants" but not what he gets.

He is a good WR, but he would be best in a complimentary role instead of the guy.   His lack of separation is an issue.

If you could pair him with a very good WR (better than Mooney - like a Cooper or Cee Dee Lamb level player) he could really help your team. 

If you want him to be the guy, he isn't going to move needle much.

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

He is a good WR, but he would be best in a complimentary role instead of the guy.   His lack of separation is an issue.

If you could pair him with a very good WR (better than Mooney - like a Cooper or Cee Dee Lamb level player) he could really help your team. 

Honestly he would be awesome in Green Bay or would have been if he chose them over Chicago.   

If he had gone to Green Bay paired with Adams with Rodgers throwing him ball he would have been paid last year by GB or someone else.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And I think that is the book on the guy...which is why no team should look to pay him anything like $20 million a season...I think Sutton or Godwin also have question marks around their ability to be #1 receivers as well as health...that said I would prefer one of those two to Robinson right now...especially if we can land Daboll where we will need a proper #1 receiver as his scheme has also created for his #1 guy...Godwin would be an excellent fit for that Stefon Diggs role.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I keep going back to that play where Robinson made the catch, but also got DPI, but the Bears accepted the penalty even though the catch was same or more yards.  Not a conspiracy guy but if I were to start, I'd be wondering if they're sandbagging Robinsons stats.  Gotta go make some hats. 

I can see where your coming from but think it is all in vein...treating him like that means he isn't resigning here...keeping his stat line low will mean he just goes and signs a 1 year prove it deal some where else and backs himself to be used right...could I see him playing out like Alshon Jeffery? 100%

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I can see where your coming from but think it is all in vein...treating him like that means he isn't resigning here...keeping his stat line low will mean he just goes and signs a 1 year prove it deal some where else and backs himself to be used right...could I see him playing out like Alshon Jeffery? 100%

The other facet of this is that the deep state is putting micro machines in my toothpaste.

WIth all the dopey contracts Pace has given out it's still really surprising he didn't get anything done with Robinson.  I feel like that 20m he reportedly wanted is going to seem cheap in a few years when Fields is throwing to the Bellamys of the world. 

• Like 1

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

The other facet of this is that the deep state is putting micro machines in my toothpaste.

WIth all the dopey contracts Pace has given out it's still really surprising he didn't get anything done with Robinson.  I feel like that 20m he reportedly wanted is going to seem cheap in a few years when Fields is throwing to the Bellamys of the world. 

No doubt $20 million a season will soon be cheap for a receiver...just not a Robinson type receiver...he is very good...but not elite even in the right scheme.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

No doubt $20 million a season will soon be cheap for a receiver...just not a Robinson type receiver...he is very good...but not elite even in the right scheme.

This year he's really nothing special so far, but if you put him on the Chiefs or another good offense from 17-19 I bet he'd be top three.  

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Given passes from Trubisky, Daniel, Foles, in an offense filled with Nagy concepts, well, we will never know.  Really curious to see what he does next year in a different offense. 

No doubt he has never had an elite QB but with the like of Hopkins, Diggs, Thomas, Hill & Metcalf around I just couldn't put him in that company...all are a lot more explosive and threatening to a defence. 

2 hours ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

The highest I'll have rated Robinson was at an Isaac Bruce level when at St. Louis. He's never shown he can be the alpha level wide receiver at any scheme.

If that is the case that would mean that he would be playing at the level of a hall of famer.

• Like 1