Week 5: Bears vs. Raiders

CBears019

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think we lack weapons...I think we lack the right people to put them in the right places to show off their talent to it's fullest.

We need someone that the opposing D will game plan / double team. We have no one like that right now.

2 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

We need someone that the opposing D will game plan / double team. We have no one like that right now.

Very few teams in the NFL have that right now...the game now is all about spreading the ball around and taking advantage of defences who over commit to stopping just one person.

• Like 1

Just did a quick watch.  

Fields isn’t going to last in league if he doesn’t learn to avoid hits.

Herbert is a player.  Needs more carries.  

Bears run game needs more misdirection. 

Our 3rd down offense is embarrassing.  

Defense is exceeding expectations.  

Raiders missed more plays than perhaps we made though. 

• Like 1

Nagy said in the presser, "it was a very black and blue game" and then goes onto say, "I know you guys see there's a bit of an identity going on.."

It's like....yeah, we see there's an identity going on, and it's the same identity that we've seen for the last 40 years....an often confused, unmotivated, out of sync offense being carried by a good defense and STs.

Speaking of a confused, out of sync, and unmotivated offense.....can someone tell me why only Peters and Arob were the only 2 players out of 11 whose time clocks in their heads were actually synced to the game clock on this play and heard the whistle blow before the play? Peters obviously jumped early knowing the game clock was running out, and Arob put forth a half-*** effort because he also knew it was a delay of game and heard the whistle too. Things like this shouldn't happen to any offense much less to the extent that it seems to with the Bears.

https://[LINK ERROR]/30i0oa

Fields does a good job of sensing pressure, but it's becoming pretty clear that he isn't ready yet, and his OL and Nagy's play-calling are certainly not doing him any favors either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Fields isn’t going to last in league if he doesn’t learn to avoid hits.

....and neither are the refs in that regard.

Like what happened on this play below. This was CLEARLY a false start by Peters but the line judge didn't throw the flag for some reason and even Fields was expecting the whistle to blow. Fields took an unnecessary hit all because of pure incompetency from the refs.

Notice how Fields turns his head toward the judge expecting a whistle to blow the play dead but it never came so he just gets rid of it?

https://[LINK ERROR]/8mpem9

I didn’t get a chance to finish.  Still won’t.  Seems I only have five minutes here and there this month.

I wanted to add that some of calls were abysmal.  QB sweep to short side of field?  What?  During a time when Raiders were playing straight run to boot?  That was worst example. It’s funny Nagy calls zone read all the time, and finally has a Zone read QB and virtually never calls it.  Now is time to incorporate jet action more as well.  What is he doing? 

Honestly I was kind of thinking during game for Grudens offense Fields would be perfect.

Game seemed dirty, mostly on Raiders side.  I watched it skipping a lot of time.  Refs were horrible.  Call on Smith in end zone was beyond awful. 

I think if Bears were well coached that game would not have been close.  I give Bears credit though I thought they could win, but didn’t think they were going to.  

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think if Bears were well coached that game would not have been close.  I give Bears credit though I thought they could win, but didn’t think they were going to.

Agreed.  It's pretty obvious that Nagy is still exerting far too much influence on play calls.

His trademark has become going into "butt clench" mode in the 2nd half when he has the lead.

We were goring them badly enough with our running game that we should have easily been able to hit on a couple of long passes off of play action.  With Nagy there's still far too much "rinse and repeat" play calling going on.  He's gotta stop that.

With a QB like Rodgers coming to town we aren't even safe with a 20 point half time lead. If the offense is in a rhythm pour the phuc'n coals on and score points.  Don't always leave it up to defense to hold the other guys off in the 2nd half.  Bury some teams.

22 minutes ago, soulman said:

Agreed.  It's pretty obvious that Nagy is still exerting far too much influence on play calls.

His trademark has become going into "butt clench" mode in the 2nd half when he has the lead.

We were goring them badly enough with our running game that we should have easily been able to hit on a couple of long passes off of play action.  With Nagy there's still far too much "rinse and repeat" play calling going on.  He's gotta stop that.

With a QB like Rodgers coming to town we aren't even safe with a 20 point half time lead. If the offense is in a rhythm pour the phuc'n coals on and score points.  Don't always leave it up to defense to hold the other guys off in the 2nd half.  Bury some teams.

I think Rams and Cleveland are better than Packers (well Cleveland is more talented anyway), but I don't like our chances against Packers way we are playing.

I think Raiders game was winnable, but I think Packers game win would be a huge upset for Bears. 

I just think Bears have to get to 26 points or so to win this game and I don't think they can do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think Rams and Cleveland are better than Packers (well Cleveland is more talented anyway), but I don't like our chances against Packers way we are playing.

I think Raiders game was winnable, but I think Packers game win would be a huge upset for Bears. 

I just think Bears have to get to 26 points or so to win this game and I don't think they can do it.

Not if Nagy keeps sticking his nose into play calls too often.  Otherwise it can be done.