Week 5: Bears vs. Raiders

CBears019

On 10/9/2021 at 2:00 PM, CBears019 said:

Well after a recent email leak, maybe the raiders won’t be as focused as they would normally be….?  At least i can dream.

Mack got shut down the last time the Raiders played them.  Hopefully that’s not the case this time.  Or if it is, Quinn makes em pay for devoting too many resources to stopping Mack.

Appears now that Raiders may have been dealing with more stuff than we knew during game week.  

Might partially explain why so many Raiders players were flat off in that game.  

• Like 1

Here's a theory on Eddie Jackson.  He's not from our universe, but rather he's originally from the universe next door, where time is a second ahead of ours. That's why early in his career he was always right where he needed to be, taking the ball, making the tackle and always in the perfect spot.  However, as the multiverse expands, the time overlay is slipping. and he's gone from being in sync with our time, to now being a second behind.  If this seems crazy explain to me why that guy is always screaming right through the space where the ball carrier used to be?

That was a fun game.  Really curious now to see what the Bears do against the Packers. They could very well be competitive, or this could be a game where we all realize the Raides were in shambles on Sunday.  

• Like 1

Jeremiah Attaochu is out for the season after the Raiders game with a torn pec...should mean even more opportunity for Gipson...be interesting to see who we bring in as a replacement...

Ifedi seemingly has a MCL sprain which could mean Wilkinson is up at RT...

We brought in five TEs for a try out...pretty clear that if we stick to this new offence we will see far more two TE sets...to be honest I think finding a "F" TE would be massive for this team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Jeremiah Attaochu is out for the season after the Raiders game with a torn pec...should mean even more opportunity for Gipson...be interesting to see who we bring in as a replacement...

We brought in five TEs for a try out...pretty clear that if we stick to this new offence we will see far more two TE sets...to be honest I think finding a "F" TE would be massive for this team.

wonder if snowden gets the call up to replace gipson in the "guy we would all love to see more of, but ends up inactive on gameday" role 

Wilkinson at RT, IR for Ifedi, simmons/hambright called up and more pt for Bars potentially

i dont even know what an F te is

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The injury to Attaochu may give Snowden and shot at moving up but for starters Christian Jones could move to OLB now that Trevathan is back.  Kamara is on the 53 man roster as well.

Wilkinson playing RT isn't good news.  They'll need to get him some help pass blocking.

Don't know how to read the TE deal just yet.

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

wonder if snowden gets the call up to replace gipson in the "guy we would all love to see more of, but ends up inactive on gameday" role 

Wilkinson at RT, IR for Ifedi, simmons/hambright called up and more pt for Bars potentially

The F TE is a Flex/Move TE.

23 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Here's a theory on Eddie Jackson.  He's not from our universe, but rather he's originally from the universe next door, where time is a second ahead of ours. That's why early in his career he was always right where he needed to be, taking the ball, making the tackle and always in the perfect spot.  However, as the multiverse expands, the time overlay is slipping. and he's gone from being in sync with our time, to now being a second behind.  If this seems crazy explain to me why that guy is always screaming right through the space where the ball carrier used to be?

That was a fun game.  Really curious now to see what the Bears do against the Packers. They could very well be competitive, or this could be a game where we all realize the Raides were in shambles on Sunday.  

So in Universe next door time works differently, it runs a second behind ours, but he was also in sync with our time?  So wouldn't that mean he lost that super power anyway?  

Now because of Universal expansion he is running a second behind and no longer in sync with our time?

So outside our Universe is not nothing, it is another Universe.

Why isn't other Universe expanding as well?   Or is it?   Who is expanding into whom? (that's what she said)

How did Jackson get on our Earth from other Universe?  

Will a rock from that Universe harm him?   Jacksonite?  Perhaps Red Jacksonite makes him evil.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I'm pretty ticked that Snowden isn't active this weekend as it totally wrecks my fantasy team name of Snowden Falling on Rodgers which is of course based on the 1992 novel Snow Falling on Cedars, and movie of the same name. 

And so sorry you're uninformed, an F Tight End (abbreviated in TEF) is a regular U tight end, but you coat the ****er in teflon so they're harder to tackle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

So in Universe next door time works differently, it runs a second behind ours, but he was also in sync with our time?  So wouldn't that mean he lost that super power anyway?  

Now because of Universal expansion he is running a second behind and no longer in sync with our time?

So outside our Universe is not nothing, it is another Universe.

Why isn't other Universe expanding as well?   Or is it?   Who is expanding into whom? (that's what she said)

How did Jackson get on our Earth from other Universe?  

Will a rock from that Universe harm him?   Jacksonite?  Perhaps Red Jacksonite makes him evil.

Yeah he started out ahead, then was even, and now he's behind.

That's why the sequence goes:  ball is caught, runner turns upfield at the 30, gains 8 yards, tackled by Deon Bush or someone, ball is placed on the new line of scrimmage, guy finally gets to the front the beer line, THEN #4 comes crashing through at the 30, diving gently for the sidelines.

Eventually he's going to start going backwards in time where he'll revolutionize football in the 50s, but for now we're gonna be kinda pissed at him all the time.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Sam Kamara played pretty well in the preseason...doubt he seems many if any action but he is a decent call up.

both kamara and snowden flashed in PS. each are a little different, kamara in the mcphee-mold and snowden in the floyd-mold. would like for both of them to stick around and see what we have 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, HuskieBear said:

both kamara and snowden flashed in PS. each are a little different, kamara in the mcphee-mold and snowden in the floyd-mold. would like for both of them to stick around and see what we have 

Same. You can't really bank on either being special but there is a lot more reason to keep them as depth with potential than someone like Iggy, who is really just a special teamer.