Week 6 Prospect Talk

rackcs

So who is the crown jewel of this class if you have the 1st overall pick and you have to hit on the pick?
It's obviously not a QB.
Is it Thibodeaux? Stingley?
The best player is probably Kyle Hamilton, but would a safety go #1 overall, even if Kyle Hamilton runs a 4.29 40?
Thibodeaux/Hutchinson aren't Myles/Bosa/Chase caliber edge prospects. The CB class is awesome, but I've personally always hated the idea of taking a CB in the top 10, let alone top 5 or 1st overall (Especially if your franchise/staff has a history of not developing CB's, like the Eagles/Giants). Leal/Neal aren't super stud OT/DT prospects.
This is shaping up to be the worst year I can remember to have the 1st overall pick. You're still going to get a good player, probably, but I don't feel confident saying those guys will be great/elite, besides maybe Hamilton. I'm sure one of Stingley/Booth/Elam/Gardner will be great or at least really good, but 2 of them will probably bust. Odd year to get the 1st pick. I would probably hope my team traded it for a haul.

22 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Jevon Snead at Ole Miss was considered a top two QB prospect with Sam Bradford going into his junior year and went undrafted.

Yeah Snead came to mind as well, he was really awesome the previous year for Ole Miss and had a lot of arm talent but clearly made pretty poor choices with the ball.

Either way think the Steelers, Broncos or Washington would not love Rattler or Howell late 1st or 2nd round, yeah they would as a developmental QB and potential starter down the road.  And look at Trevor Lawrence, regardless of who the QB is if you do not have players around them to support them, they will fail regardless.  

On 10/9/2021 at 7:36 PM, Danger said:

Yup. It's the name that I always come back to. He was pretty much the easy #1 heading into the season, Bradford was up there, but behind Snead for most.

Bradford was always #1. He barely even played that season and still went first. Snead was certainly up there but never the easy #1.

17 hours ago, jebrick said:

Dawand Jones Rt Ohio St.  That man blocks out the sun.  6'8 360.  WOW

They said during the last game that Nike had to make the biggest jersey they've ever had to make for a kid and it was him. If you've never watched, he makes the lineman next to him look small lol. He's fairly quick for his size as well. Massive human being

Where do people rank Kenneth Walker III in their RBs this year.  He has been the most surprising player for the Spartans this year and has been dominant.  He has speed, vision, some wiggle and is hard to bring down.  

Also on the Spartans, Jayden Reed and Jaylon Nailor both are looking like NFL prospects.  Reed has had some drops but is explosive.  Nailor has had injury issues but has had back to back huge weeks.  Both are explosive with the bal in their hands. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Jake Locker still went like 8th overall I think or something close to that so he definitely isn't in the same league as some of those other guys.

That is a valid point even though they definitely reached which I believe was due to what he was. He went from can't miss to.... that lol. 

You are right though. I did forget where he was drafted

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

They said during the last game that Nike had to make the biggest jersey they've ever had to make for a kid and it was him. If you've never watched, he makes the lineman next to him look small lol. He's fairly quick for his size as well. Massive human being

I guess Nike must not make jerseys for the Minnesota Gophers then?  Daniel Faalele is 6-9 380, or is listed at that.

Dawand Jones has played impressive football for them no doubt but Nicholas Petit-Frere is the story for that group, probably has played himself into being a 1st round pick and possibly a high one, very impressive athlete.  Paris Johnson has played great for Ohio State as well on the OL.  

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Hurts is basically Tyrod Taylor.

Here is the question, who would you rather have on the Eagles, Spencer Rattler or Jalen Hurts?  Especially if Rattler falls to late 1st or 2nd round.  Sure Rattler has not been great this year but he has way more arm talent than Hurts does.  Hurts granted is a better leader, better athlete, stronger mentally and physically and has arguably better overall character as well.  So Hurts has some key attributes going for him at the QB spot but honestly cannot imagine DeVonta Smith loved going to the Eagles with Hurts as the QB.  Good player that continues to improve and get better each and every day but overall he is limited in his natural arm talent.  Hurts is able to level things a bit as well with his running potential at QB, something Rattler does not have which can be a plus especially in the red zone, just at some point though he will peak in terms of what he can do and accomplish as a QB.  Lucky for him they have a solid OL around him, good weapons offensively and a good defense overall.  Still not sure the Eagles could pass on a guy like Rattler if he is just sitting there late 1st or in the 2nd.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Here is the question, who would you rather have on the Eagles, Spencer Rattler or Jalen Hurts?  Especially if Rattler falls to late 1st or 2nd round.  Sure Rattler has not been great this year but he has way more arm talent than Hurts does.  Hurts granted is a better leader, better athlete, stronger mentally and physically and has arguably better overall character as well.  So Hurts has some key attributes going for him at the QB spot but honestly cannot imagine DeVonta Smith loved going to the Eagles with Hurts as the QB.  Good player that continues to improve and get better each and every day but overall he is limited in his natural arm talent.  Hurts is able to level things a bit as well with his running potential at QB, something Rattler does not have which can be a plus especially in the red zone, just at some point though he will peak in terms of what he can do and accomplish as a QB.  Lucky for him they have a solid OL around him, good weapons offensively and a good defense overall.  Still not sure the Eagles could pass on a guy like Rattler if he is just sitting there late 1st or in the 2nd.  

Without a doubt, Hurts. I don't want us reaching on a QB in the first this year. I wouldn't take Rattler until the 5th right now. I think Jalen is capable of being a low end starter or high end backup in the league, but he's still quite limited, and won't ever be the guy.