Week 6 Prospect Talk

rackcs

21 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

LOL That's not a ringing endorsement. Hurts' favorite thing to do is overthrow wide open WRs. He'll be a backup in a few years.

I think he's a much better prospect then Hurts overall though. Some renowned QB coach said Willis has the strongest arm that he has ever seen and he's definitely a better athlete/more mobile. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rattler is a backup QB at Oklahoma, why would anyone want to draft him?

So his career is over then as a RS SOPH after one game, little shortsighted?  You praise Anthony Richardson a guy who cannot even start on his own team, yet rip on Rattler after one game where he got benched?  Rattler might as well quit playing football then, he had a failure and a demotion, better call it quits huh.  

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So his career is over then as a RS SOPH after one game, little shortsighted?  You praise Anthony Richardson a guy who cannot even start on his own team, yet rip on Rattler after one game where he got benched?  Rattler might as well quit playing football then, he had a failure and a demotion, better call it quits huh.  

I don't think Rattler's career is over or that he's done as an NFL prospect. I just don't see him entering the draft this year. I'm assuming Caleb Williams will start for OU the rest of the season and then Rattler transfers back to the West Coast, likely to ASU or UCLA to play next season. If he plays well next year he can definitely rebuild his stock and I think playing for Chip Kelly at UCLA would be a match made in heaven. 

ETA: I also think Sam Howell should probably return to school. 

Edited by NYRaider

On 10/12/2021 at 7:55 AM, NYRaider said:

Rattler is a backup QB at Oklahoma, why would anyone want to draft him?

Because they see some type of redeemable trait they can build on, thats why.....

I'm not even a Rattler guy but there was a reason he was labeled as QB1, maybe a team could pinpoint when it went south for him and rekindle his high level play....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Because they see some type of redeemable trait they can build on, thats why.....

I'm not even a Rattler guy but there was a reason he was labeled as QB1, maybe a team could pinpoint when it went south for him and rekindle his high level play....

Just a part of the pyramid. As the talent pool becomes more restricted, some guys make it, some don't. 

If I were Rattler, I'd drop down a level in competition and find a smaller conference school to play for. Take the time to really refine his game against lower level comp, and shoot for a final year transfer or a camp invite. Transferring to another big program could be a disaster for his stock if he winds up beaten out. 

I don't think his career is necessarily done by any stretch, but his days as a 1st round QB are. He wasn't just bad in a notoriously QB-friendly system, he's been near abysmal. Whatever went wrong went very very wrong. He needs some QB rehab, and a lot of luck.

26 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Just a part of the pyramid. As the talent pool becomes more restricted, some guys make it, some don't. 

If I were Rattler, I'd drop down a level in competition and find a smaller conference school to play for. Take the time to really refine his game against lower level comp, and shoot for a final year transfer or a camp invite. Transferring to another big program could be a disaster for his stock if he winds up beaten out. 

I don't think his career is necessarily done by any stretch, but his days as a 1st round QB are. He wasn't just bad in a notoriously QB-friendly system, he's been near abysmal. Whatever went wrong went very very wrong. He needs some QB rehab, and a lot of luck.

Yeah, heck a move like going to Cincinnati to replace Riddler would be a sneaky good move, or UM with Harbaugh or even get with David Cutcliffe, a rehab is easily attainable if he choses right.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

54 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

What am I missing with WR Romeo Doubs? Why isn't he being talked about more? Just the fact that he plays at Nevada?

There is some to that, playing for Nevada will not get you a ton of attention, hell playing for any team on the West side of the country does not get much national play at all.  But Doubs is not getting talked about because all of these receivers are better than him.

Treylon Burks Arkansas JR
Garrett Wilson Ohio State JR
Chris Olave Ohio State
Drake London USC JR
Jahan Dotson Penn State
Jameson Williams Alabama JR
David Bell Purdue JR

Possibly could add John Metchie III to that list as well, so yeah people will talk about Jameson Williams taking it the house on kick returns, or David Bell destroying Iowa this past week, of Dotson dominating the games he plays in or the rest....  Just not sure Doubs is better than any of those top flight guys so does not get discussed as much.  

Is this his final season or could he technically come back for another year?  Because if he could come back for another year that could help his draft stock because not sure the class of 2023 will be as strong at WR as this year.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 8:07 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

They see some redeemable traits they can build on and that's why he's 2nd string? Ugh no. He's second string because the offense wasn't playing well and they were on the verge of getting blown out by Texas. Caleb Williams (new starter) was the #1 QB recruit in the country coming into Oklahoma and is simply better than Rattler. 

He was labeled QB1 coming into the season because he had flashes at Oklahoma, a program that has produced two #1 picks at QB in recent draft history. He was okay last year but everyone expected him to make a leap this year, he didn't. I highly doubt he enters the draft this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 7:25 AM, NYRaider said:

They see some redeemable traits they can build on and that's why he's 2nd string? Ugh no. He's second string because the offense wasn't playing well and they were on the verge of getting blown out by Texas. Caleb Williams (new starter) was the #1 QB recruit in the country coming into Oklahoma and is simply better than Rattler. 

He was labeled QB1 coming into the season because he had flashes at Oklahoma, a program that has produced two #1 picks at QB in recent draft history. He was okay last year but everyone expected him to make a leap this year, he didn't. I highly doubt he enters the draft this year.

I read that he's transferring.   Any ideas where would be a good fit for him?  Probably want a Air Raid type system with some solid WRs.  Maybe slip in at UNC or Ole Miss to replace Howell/Corral?