Week 6 Prospect Talk

rackcs

3 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

I read that he's transferring.   Any ideas where would be a good fit for him?  Probably want a Air Raid type system with some solid WRs.  Maybe slip in at UNC or Ole Miss to replace Howell/Corral?

He's from Arizona, I think Arizona State if Daniels leaves or UCLA with Chip Kelly would be great landing spots.

4 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

I read that he's transferring.   Any ideas where would be a good fit for him?  Probably want a Air Raid type system with some solid WRs.  Maybe slip in at UNC or Ole Miss to replace Howell/Corral?

Have to assume it's somewhere out West.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Have to assume it's somewhere out West.

If Chip Kelly is retained at UCLA, it's a perfect fit for both sides. Thomas-Robinson is a senior so he'd step right into a starting role and I think Rattler has the physical talent to actually run Kelly's offense to a tee. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Chip Kelly is retained at UCLA, it's a perfect fit for both sides. Thomas-Robinson is a senior so he'd step right into a starting role and I think Rattler has the physical talent to actually run Kelly's offense to a tee. 

Spencer Rattler is not a good runner and usually Chip Kelly needs an athletic mobile QB to succeed with the offense he runs.  Jeremiah Masoli, Darron Thomas, Marcus Mariota, Dennis Dixon, Mike Vick, Colin Kapernick, Thompson-Robinson.  Sure Vick and Kapernick did not start every game with Chip Kelly in the NFL because of injuries and such, but both were on the rosters and used because of that athletic ability and most likely Kelly was brought to both the Eagles and 49ers specifically to get the most out of those two QBs or at least take a chance on doing so.

It can work without it no question but not sure UCLA is this perfect fit for Rattler considering what Chip Kelly does, uses a lot of motion, uses the QB run game and zone read action that is very run heavy.  But it is also not like they would say no if he wants to go there but I think he might be better off picking a different program and different system.  

Then again many offenses use the QB run game and mobility in college but almost anything can be change to fit skill sets usually.  Still not sure UCLA is the right spot for him, the Ole Miss spot is open same with Pitt who will have some good receivers returning most likely.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Spencer Rattler is not a good runner and usually Chip Kelly needs an athletic mobile QB to succeed with the offense he runs.  Jeremiah Masoli, Darron Thomas, Marcus Mariota, Dennis Dixon, Mike Vick, Colin Kapernick, Thompson-Robinson.  Sure Vick and Kapernick did not start every game with Chip Kelly in the NFL because of injuries and such, but both were on the rosters and used because of that athletic ability and most likely Kelly was brought to both the Eagles and 49ers specifically to get the most out of those two QBs or at least take a chance on doing so.

It can work without it no question but not sure UCLA is this perfect fit for Rattler considering what Chip Kelly does, uses a lot of motion, uses the QB run game and zone read action that is very run heavy.  But it is also not like they would say no if he wants to go there but I think he might be better off picking a different program and different system.  

Then again many offenses use the QB run game and mobility in college but almost anything can be change to fit skill sets usually.  Still not sure UCLA is the right spot for him, the Ole Miss spot is open same with Pitt who will have some good receivers returning most likely.  

While that is true Rattler did have decent rushing numbers in HS and they'd obviously have to adjust the offense to be more of a passing spread with less emphasis on RPOs. Darron Thomas only had 200 rushing yards the year they went 12-2 with him and Nick Foles passed for 27 TD when the Eagles went 10-6, followed by Foles/Mark Sanchez passing for 27 TD in another 10-6 season and neither of those guys is very mobile.

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think fit is more important than geographical preference at this point for him.

I think being closer to home after a somewhat humiliating departure from Oklahoma would do good for his psyche and programs like Arizona State, USC, and UCLA are all potential options.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think being closer to home after a somewhat humiliating departure from Oklahoma would do good for his psyche and programs like Arizona State, USC, and UCLA are all potential options.

Maybe, maybe not.  Maybe back home he'd be surrounded by yes men hangers on that would just pump him up without making him better.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

How about Cincy after Ridder leaves for the NFL

That would be interesting but I'd doubt it.  Maybe Ole Miss if Kiffin stays?  I haven't heard any solid coaching move rumors but he might want a place with some established weapons to help his transition.