Possible trades we could make before the trade deadline

turtle28

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Because I think they could re-sign Scherff long term as their offense is built more around the running game & will be in the future too with Fields as a dual threat option.

Why would playing for a team for just eight games give Chicago any better chance to sign Scherff than any other team? Also, if @lavar703 is right (and it's a very strong possibility), why would he re-sign for a team where they are going to be kicking off a rebuild as opposed to going to a playoff-ready team? If the Bears want him, they can sign him in the offseason and try to keep Robinson.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Collins doesn’t have any value & has multiple years on his deal. I’d love to see it but I don’t see anyone trading a good player for Collins

Keep in mind with Collins, the fact he's got multiple years left on his deal is not necessarily a negative for a new team.

2022 salary cap #

• For Washington: $16.2M
  • For another team: $12.0M
    • Washington eats up the remaining signing bonus monies (2y, $3M per) and option bonus monies (3y, $1.2M per)

Those numbers could also decrease as $0.5M of that cap number is Collins being on the 46 man active roster for all of the games. There's also a $0.2M de-escalator if he misses offseason workouts.

Basically, Collins would go from the 2nd most expensive safety (if he stayed with Washington) to the 8th on some other team. That other team would also have him up for three years and can cut him at anytime with no penalty.

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

Why would playing for a team for just eight games give Chicago any better chance to sign Scherff than any other team? Also, if @lavar703 is right (and it's a very strong possibility), why would he re-sign for a team where they are going to be kicking off a rebuild as opposed to going to a playoff-ready team? If the Bears want him, they can sign him in the offseason and try to keep Robinson.

Because Scherff is a Midwest guy. It’s my opinion that like Kirk, Scherff wants to go back to the Midwest rather than stay on either of the coasts. I could be wrong about that, but that’s how I feel. 

I don’t think the Bears are going to be able to keep Robinson. He wanted to leave last off-season but they franchised him. I think he wants to be somewhere with better QB play, I guess it’s a debate if Washington has better QB play or not but regardless of that, we definitely have a better passing offense.

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

Keep in mind with Collins, the fact he's got multiple years left on his deal is not necessarily a negative for a new team.

2022 salary cap #

• For Washington: $16.2M
  • For another team: $12.0M
    • Washington eats up the remaining signing bonus monies (2y, $3M per) and option bonus monies (3y, $1.2M per)

Those numbers could also decrease as $0.5M of that cap number is Collins being on the 46 man active roster for all of the games. There's also a $0.2M de-escalator if he misses offseason workouts.

Basically, Collins would go from the 2nd most expensive safety (if he stayed with Washington) to the 8th on some other team. That other team would also have him up for three years and can cut him at anytime with no penalty.

True but I think most people would still feel even at that price he’d be an overpay.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because Scherff is a Midwest guy. It’s my opinion that like Kirk, Scherff wants to go back to the Midwest rather than stay on either of the coasts. I could be wrong about that, but that’s how I feel. 

Green Bay and/or Kansas City would meet the criteria of Midwest team and have a better pathway to the playoffs. Could make an argument for Tennessee or Indianapolis as well. Maybe even Minnesota, but that feels like a bit of a stretch.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think the Bears are going to be able to keep Robinson. He wanted to leave last off-season but they franchised him. I think he wants to be somewhere with better QB play, I guess it’s a debate if Washington has better QB play or not but regardless of that, we definitely have a better passing offense.

Maybe not, but I think if I'm Robinson, I'm going to want to hit the open market than just re-signing with a team that I played eight games with.

A Scherff-Robinson trade is a massively upscale "trash for trash" deal. That's not to say either play is trash; they're both very good. It's just the result of both teams getting rid of a problem child for no real long term gain on either side. It is more likely that both teams will see their respective "gain" walk out the door in March if the trade was to happen before the deadline.

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

True but I think most people would still feel even at that price he’d be an overpay.

Maybe so, but there's something to be said for extra years of control as opposed to worrying that the player is going to leave just months later.

33 minutes ago, Woz said:

Green Bay and/or Kansas City would meet the criteria of Midwest team and have a better pathway to the playoffs. Could make an argument for Tennessee or Indianapolis as well. Maybe even Minnesota, but that feels like a bit of a stretch.

Maybe not, but I think if I'm Robinson, I'm going to want to hit the open market than just re-signing with a team that I played eight games with.

A Scherff-Robinson trade is a massively upscale "trash for trash" deal. That's not to say either play is trash; they're both very good. It's just the result of both teams getting rid of a problem child for no real long term gain on either side. It is more likely that both teams will see their respective "gain" walk out the door in March if the trade was to happen before the deadline.

I don’t think the Packers & Chiefs have the cap space or would even next year to re-sign him. I guess the Packers would if they can’t re-sign Rodgers & Davante Adams leaves too but if those two leave, they’re not a playoff team.

Also, the Chiefs signed the best OG available last off-season, Joe Thuney who they signed away from the Patriots.

Tennessee I could see, but I think they’d be better off spending cap space on their awful defense rather than on their offense which is good to great when healthy.

Edited by turtle28

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Fitz to the Seahawks for a 5th rounder. 

I think Wilson will be back before Fitz. 

On 10/9/2021 at 11:44 AM, turtle28 said:

The issue is the cost. ARob makes $17 mil, so if we trade for him we’d have to trade a player. Maybe Scherff for ARob??

You gonna let A-Rob walk in the offseason too?

No one is trading for Collins, people. I'd be shocked. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think Wilson will be back before Fitz. 

You gonna let A-Rob walk in the offseason too?

No one is trading for Collins, people. I'd be shocked. 

I think they’d have a better shot at re-signing ARob than Scherff who has one foot out the door… or shall we say knee??

I’m not sure if Fitz will be back before Wilson. He had surgery on his finger & he has to be able to grip that ball. He’s out at least a month, maybe even two.

Definitely agree that no one is trading for Collins, I seriously have no clue why anyone brings it up. Anyone who’s thinking logically know we can’t trade him.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think they’d have a better shot at re-signing ARob than Scherff who has one foot out the door… or shall we say knee??

Why pay all that money to A-Rob, with all that money you're already paying Samuel, knowing you have to pay all that money to Terry very soon. Doesn't make sense. 

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not sure if Fitz will be back before Wilson. He had surgery on his finger & he has to be able to grip that ball. He’s out at least a month, maybe even two.

Fitzpatrick is out at least 8 weeks from the injury (so at least 4 weeks more, if not longer). So I guess he could be, not there's no guarantee.

• Like 1

If he wants to go west I would check on Denver! There are two players that they have that interest me.

1. Courtland Sutton- straight up. An all pro guard for a young talented WR coming off an injury last year. Broncos are stacked at WR and expect to get Jeudy back at some point.

2. Albert O. their TE. They already have Fant. I wanted Albert pretty bad when he was drafted and with Thomas our all year Albert could start and be a solid backup or 1. B to Thomas next year. I would want a 3rd or 4th rounder with him

• Like 1

If this thing spirals out of control we need to have a fire sale. They won’t do it but they need too. Anybody who’s not going to be a part of the future should be dealt for whatever you can get. Collins, Scherff, Ricky Seals Jones, Charles Leno, JD McKissic, Ioannidis etc. Anybody that can bring back value. And value to me is any kind of draft pick. Even if all we can get for each guy is a 5th-7th rounder. It’s still cheap, young talent you can add to your roster. Also, see what you can get for Fitz. Just trade him to a contender with a hurt QB. Get a 6th for him. I don’t care. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If this thing spirals out of control we need to have a fire sale. They won’t do it but they need too. Anybody who’s not going to be a part of the future should be dealt for whatever you can get. Collins, Scherff, Ricky Seals Jones, Charles Leno, JD McKissic, Ioannidis etc. Anybody that can bring back value. And value to me is any kind of draft pick. Even if all we can get for each guy is a 5th-7th rounder. It’s still cheap, young talent you can add to your roster. Also, see what you can get for Fitz. Just trade him to a contender with a hurt QB. Get a 6th for him. I don’t care. 

I agree. Sellers, not buyers. Accept the inevitable and get ready (with ammo) for 2022. If no one offers you better than a 3rd for Scherff, keep him. If you can dump Landon off, do it. Take a 4th/5th for Settle. Adam Humphries for a pick swap/anything. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Why pay all that money to A-Rob, with all that money you're already paying Samuel, knowing you have to pay all that money to Terry very soon. Doesn't make sense. 

You’re 100% right. I was just thinking where would Scherff possibly like to go and re-sign and what players of equal value could we get back for him.