Midseason Report (Who is our MVP's)

gopherwrestler

On to the Bye week! (Need a bye week thread)

6-2 feeling good with a 3rd string QB, and back-up RB's leading the way.

Who currently is our MVP's in your guy's eyes on offense and Defense?

Offense: Case Keenum

I had a hard time finding one on our offense, I really almost pick the Offensive line as a unit here. Case while being a terrible QB is doing pretty well at keeping us in games. 2 turnovers in the last 2 games, but he is continuing to push on and win.

Defense: Harrison Smith

Guy right now is play out of this world. Always around the ball, done everything you can possibly ask. Hard to against saying he is currently the best safety in the NFL.

45 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

who ARE our MVP's, dude....

we have standards here, ya know.

Like not padding one's post count through Grammar Nazi tactics?

Back to the relevant topic:

Offense: Keenum.  Others, like Theielen, Diggs, McKinnon, OTs will be mentioned, but didn't individually contribute more than their counterparts.  Keenum should retain the starting job until he fails to deliver results.

Defense:  {Cop-out warning/ hedge} Tie: Griffen, Harrison, Barr.  Neither of these three did significantly more than the other two.

On to the question - Keenum has to be the MVP, without question. Without his capable play I don't think the Vikings are even a .500 team. On defense I have to say that Joseph is the MVP. This team has won through sacks and turnovers because teams abandon the run. Joseph is the key to that success.

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Is Keenum even competent without Diggs and Thielen? How many times have they bailed out Keenum. Thielen has been healthy so he gets my vote.

Defensively I'd go with Griffen or Rhodes. Barr's been great too.

Keenum is not a permanent solution. But he has played well enough to keep this team competitive and winning for the most part. He hasn't been careless with the ball, he's made clutch plays (even when he's missed a TON of gimme plays), and has helped the offense put up points. I'd hate to think about where this team would be with Heinicke or Sloter at the helm.

Archived