Mullen, Arnette placed on IR

NYRaider

Man, real bummer about Mullen. He’s been at least a little above-average this year and decent CB2. 

Who are we gonna start on the outside now? I hope they keep Hobbs in the Nickel, seems he was born to play that position. I have a feeling they might move Hobbs outside and put Robertson in the nickel which would not end well. I’m sure they would do well against Chicago and Denver because they have no QB, but it’s not gonna last.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Man, real bummer about Mullen. He’s been at least a little above-average this year and decent CB2. 

Who are we gonna start on the outside now? I hope they keep Hobbs in the Nickel, seems he was born to play that position. I have a feeling they might move Hobbs outside and put Robertson in the nickel which would not end well. I’m sure they would do well against Chicago and Denver because they have no QB, but it’s not gonna last.

Amik should be on the outside.

I really hope they put Amik on the outside and keep Hobbs inside. Hobbs needs to build on the excellent foundation he’s started with. Amik was a highly productive outside corner in college. Every time he’s lined up there, be it in preseason or in proper games, he has done well. For whatever reason, inside just didn’t suit him. Give him a chance and let’s see whether he can replicate what he did in college.

It would be massive if he could be a serviceable 3rd/4th corner for us moving forward. And this is the way we’d find out

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Robertson for sure on the outside.

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yes it is a real shame. I thought Mullen was playing really well and looked settled, big miss.

Arnette, well that could be a blessing in disguise if we see Robertson on the outside. I think he deserves his shot after guarding Mike Williams pretty well. The Bears won't be anywhere near as potent as the Chargers and if he can get some experience then he may be a solid 3rd option outside to backup Mullen and Hayward. Excited to see what he can do again. I think Robertson is a guy everyone wants to do well, kind of an underdog story.