College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

35 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

You don’t think telling 17/18 year old guys that all these women will be throwing themselves at them and are freely available for sex contributes to the entitlement problems we see with regard to football players in college?

Problem? Yes.

Is it irregular? Probably not. 

At the least the recruits are hearing the same thing from the players or other students. 

1 hour ago, fretgod99 said:

You don’t think telling 17/18 year old guys that all these women will be throwing themselves at them and are freely available for sex contributes to the entitlement problems we see with regard to football players in college?

Does it contribute? Yes. Is it also the truth? Yes. There are a lot of reasons for the cultural problems we have; I don't think that one is near the top. It strikes me as unfair to single out Kendall Briles for it.

6 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Problem? Yes.

Is it irregular? Probably not. 

At the least the recruits are hearing the same thing from the players or other students. 

There’s an appreciable difference between peers relaying information like this and a coach and authority figure giving the apparent imprimatur of the institution to the behavior.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Does it contribute? Yes. Is it also the truth? Yes. There are a lot of reasons for the cultural problems we have; I don't think that one is near the top. It strikes me as unfair to single out Kendall Briles for it.

Maybe acting like he’s the only person isn’t fair, but that’s also drastically different than shrugging and saying other people do it, too, which appeared to be the route you were taking.

46 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Maybe acting like he’s the only person isn’t fair, but that’s also drastically different than shrugging and saying other people do it, too, which appeared to be the route you were taking.

Still shrugging it off. I definitely took the hotness of the girls at the colleges I visited into account when I was 17/18 years old. It's simply the reality of being that age. College coaches are tasked with selling their program.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Still shrugging it off. I definitely took the hotness of the girls at the colleges I visited into account when I was 17/18 years old. It's simply the reality of being that age. College coaches are tasked with selling their program.

For once he is right. One college I visited and during a recruiting visit. talking to the players on the team they told us, don’t be worried about the gay population on campus (this college had one of the best performing art programs in the state). It just increases your chances with the women lol

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Again, there's a difference between a 17/18 noticing potential hook-ups or being told about potential hook-ups via peers and having a grown frickin' adult dispensing that information. They are not one and the same. And the latter is much more likely to result in the widespread cultures of abuse that we saw at places like Baylor (and that undoubtedly exist elsewhere).

2 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Again, there's a difference between a 17/18 noticing potential hook-ups or being told about potential hook-ups via peers and having a grown frickin' adult dispensing that information. They are not one and the same. And the latter is much more likely to result in the widespread cultures of abuse that we saw at places like Baylor (and that undoubtedly exist elsewhere).

Even if they were, selling that at Baylor is different than selling it at any other university. It'd be like selling shower sex at Bed, Bath, and Beyond versus selling shower sex at a prison.

EDIT: Yes, I know this analogy has room for improvement.

17 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Even if they were, selling that at Baylor is different than selling it at any other university. It'd be like selling shower sex at Bed, Bath, and Beyond versus selling shower sex at a prison.

EDIT: Yes, I know this analogy has room for improvement.

I need to start shopping where you shop.

30 minutes ago, ahoda said:

I need to start shopping where you shop.

Yeah not my best work.

The point is that there is a difference between someone at Ole Miss saying "hey man, jersey chasers right?" and someone at Baylor, fully aware of how sexual assault investigations are handled at that joke of a university, saying the same thing. Baylor's rape culture was unique, even among college football programs to the point where saying Briles was just "selling sex like everyone else" doesn't include the very important footnote "and no one here will care if she says no".

Archived