College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

15 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

He was in Austin for all of 10 months...how would @Texasmade know what kind of a coach he is or isn't?

Ask him about any UT coach in the Strong era, he'll probably crap on all of them.

Not too worried about DB recruiting, Gibbs does most of that for us and that's 1 position where we have a ton of depth and returning experience. We'll land our 3*'s as we always do regardless of who is the DB coach...

What I am worried about is him locking down Jacoby Simpson who we offered today. Dude is a stud, very similar to our current MLB Jordyn Brooks.

because I asked him when Houston hired him.

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

It's a good thing nobody cares about Arizona football because they're pulling a Tennessee with their coaching search.

Coach Ken is such an ingrained person in Annapolis.  They do so much for the community they live in, as well as for all of the Mids at the academy.  I didn't seriously think he was leaving.  I'm sure Navy gave him another raise, and on top of that, the academy covers just about all of his living expenses.  There's many reasons for him not to leave, but I applaud Arizona for thinking a little bit out of the box, but I also don't think going from one extreme to the other is a smart idea.  

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Got lucky.  Everyone's first thought is he'll bolt for a better job if there's early success which is probably true.  Maybe he'll like a town that's not a cult though...

I'll take Arizona the next three years under Sumlin over Arizona State under Herm every day of the week. Both of these guys are probably rentals and one will improve the program and the other I think will drive it down

Archived