College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

IDK. I think Vols fans are right not to be thrilled with Schiano. But he isn’t incompetent and it seems like that might be the best they can do. And will someone please explain to me college football’s obsession with Jon Gruden? If the guy wanted to be a football coach he would be one. If you get a guy who doesn’t want to coach then you’re probably just getting a guy who’s willing to take your money 

I'm not surprised at all, Schaino is not that good a hire that it'd be worth sticking to it in spite of unanimous backlash from important figures (the upset fanbase itself is means almost nothing, but them spreading the "Schiano--Sandusky" connection is not good since it influences these aforementioned important figures. You can have a crying fanbase, but not unhappy former players, boosters, and government officials)

Whoever they hire now is probably their 5th or 6th option, and it will almost certainly be a worse hire than Schiano... and unfortunately for Vols fans, they won't be able to cry their way out of it. I don't know what they think they were going to accomplish here, Tennessee isn't suddenly going to become attractive to big name coaches, and the AD isn't going to suddenly throw ludicrous money around.

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

IDK. I think Vols fans are right not to be thrilled with Schiano. But he isn’t incompetent and it seems like that might be the best they can do. And will someone please explain to me college football’s obsession with Jon Gruden? If the guy wanted to be a football coach he would be one. If you get a guy who doesn’t want to coach then you’re probably just getting a guy who’s willing to take your money 

Schiano turned around a Buttgers program that hadn't been to a bowl since 1978 and landed a NFL HC job. He's a decent coach at worst. He would have stabilized that program and gotten them back to being a pretty good team. Maybe he wouldn't have gotten them over the top, but they would have gotten back to 8-10 wins per year. They need that. They have delusions of grandeur. A top coach isn't going to be interested in that job until there's a foundation to build upon. Schiano could have given them that. That fanbase isn't going to be happy with any of their realistic options.

Just now, devils1854 said:

Screen-Shot-2016-02-29-at-8.35.10-AM.jpg

did this

Screen-Shot-2016-02-29-at-8.36.06-AM.jpg

possibly this

screen-shot-2017-03-30-at-2-39-34-pm.png

and maybe this

9prw2u.jpg

Only he can save the Tennessee program

Dude got pushed out by USC, Oakland, Saban, and even Layla. God help Tennessee if they think Lame Kitten is saving their program.

Archived