Jamin Davis

lavar703

33 minutes ago, e16bball said:

As far as Jamin Davis’s play, there’s not much point in continuing to say the same thing over and over. All I can really say is that if you’re going into a season expecting a raw rookie MLB to play effectively in today’s NFL, then I don’t think you’ve been paying close attention to the other guys who have been trying to do that lately. 

As to the other point, yes, they should obviously be playing him. It’s just silly to give reps to a journeyman like David Mayo instead of your 1st round MLB. But this is emblematic of what I consider to be the biggest issue with this organization at the moment: they don’t know where they stand.  They’re making some decisions as though they’re trying to win right now, and they’re making some decisions as though they’re trying to build from the ground up. As I’ve mentioned with them since the beginning, they don’t have a coherent and consistent vision. They’re bouncing from one approach to the other like a ship tossed by the wind, depending on where things stand at that moment.

Haven’t Parsons and Collins at least gotten on the field? There’s no excuse for Davis to be sitting on the bench. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

@e16bball, if they are going to insist on running a 5-2, why not put him out there as the non-green dotted LB? Let him basically have the simpler role?

I think he is a non-green dot LB. I’m pretty sure that Holcomb has worn the green dot for our D all year long which is another reason why it’s so frustrating they won’t play Davis. They’re not asking him to call the defense, he’s athletic, fast & was a good coverage LB last year at Kentucky.

Heck he played the best against Kyle Pitts then any other player all year last year. He has the ability, they need to play him.

It’s so frustrating not to see him and Hudson on the field while continuing to watch others blow assignments.

Here is one guy on twitter’s take which really makes me upset bc they’re not allowing Jamin to make mistakes, learn & improve as he develops! 🤬

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Haven’t Parsons and Collins at least gotten on the field? There’s no excuse for Davis to be sitting on the bench. 

Zaven Collins isn’t playing anymore than Jamin Davis bc the Cardinals have Jordan Hicks & Isaiah Simmons but, Nick Bolton is starting for the Chiefs  and playing pretty well.

Edited by turtle28

55 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It really didn't take CJ Mosley, Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis, DeMeco Ryans, Jonathan Vilma & Brian Urlacher up to speed to the NFL game. I'm not really buying that it takes time for MLBs to adapt to the NFL game. What "other" guys?? /shrug

56 minutes ago, taylor made said:

It really didn't take CJ Mosley, Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis, DeMeco Ryans, Jonathan Vilma & Brian Urlacher up to speed to the NFL game. I'm not really buying that it takes time for MLBs to adapt to the NFL game. What "other" guys?? /shrug

The game has changed.  Of first round rookie LBs in the last few seasons, only Leighton Vander Esch had a good first season

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And even less of an excuse when we have poor play at the position as well as injuries.  He should be starting at MLB.  Find someone else to call the plays if that is a problem.  Simplify his assignments if that is the problem.  But he should be on the field as much as any other defensive starter at this point.  Either A)the staff is failing to create a situation where he can succeed or B)Davis was an utter disaster of a mid first round pick.   Considering the other defensive problems, I am going with A.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, taylor made said:

Bottom line is Jamin just needs snaps, he needs to play, make mistakes & learn from them & then hopefully improve. He’s not developing sitting on the sidelines. 

JDR is doing nothing to help Jamin & Hudson develop bc he won’t play them. We need to stop wasting our time playing the likes of Collins, McCain & Mayo and play the young bucks/the guys who didn’t blow coverages and at least played average in the secondary last year like Curl, Everrett & Reaves.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

And even less of an excuse when we have poor play at the position as well as injuries.  He should be starting at MLB.  Find someone else to call the plays if that is a problem.  Simplify his assignments if that is the problem.  But he should be on the field as much as any other defensive starter at this point.  Either A)the staff is failing to create a situation where he can succeed or B)Davis was an utter disaster of a mid first round pick.   Considering the other defensive problems, I am going with A.

Calling the plays can’t be the issue, Holcomb has been playing SLB or MLB all year and he calls the plays. JDR takes Jamin off if he makes a mistake while continuing to play veterans who should know better & make mistakes every other play that lead to first downs and TDs.

It’s beyond maddening, Jamin & Hudson need to play the whole game bc at least if they make a mistake they have the make up speed to make up for it and beyond that they both need to learn on the field, not on the sidelines.

19 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

He had that one game against the Giants where he dueled Daniel Jones

Doctson never showed anything 

Yea Doctson did, he was developing fine when healthy and when Kirk was our QB in 2017 and then Dan/Brice didn’t re-sign Kirk. In 2017 Doctson was making acrobatic catches & had 6 TDs. Now, he needed to improve as a route runner still but, the athleticism was there & he was flashing it.

Edited by turtle28

I have never understood what the mentality of every coach that comes through the doors in Ashburn seems to be with first round talent and making them sit. 

I also don't believe that all the game tape in the world from last season would suggest this team is a playoff contentender. Even with Fitzpatrick, this team was not destined for greatness. I like what I see in Heinicke, but it's not franchise material. It's fantastic back up stuff. 

This season has to be about what you have and living with it. If it's 5-11, so be it, but the focus has to be on the franchise QB and some journeyman or undrafted guy that wows for a game. It is the biggest need right now. 

And yes, Jamin Davis should be playing every snap he can get his head into. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

I have never understood what the mentality of every coach that comes through the doors in Ashburn seems to be with first round talent and making them sit. 

I also don't believe that all the game tape in the world from last season would suggest this team is a playoff contentender. Even with Fitzpatrick, this team was not destined for greatness. I like what I see in Heinicke, but it's not franchise material. It's fantastic back up stuff. 

This season has to be about what you have and living with it. If it's 5-11, so be it, but the focus has to be on the franchise QB and some journeyman or undrafted guy that wows for a game. It is the biggest need right now. 

And yes, Jamin Davis should be playing every snap he can get his head into. 

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

49 minutes ago, taylor made said:

He played 13 snaps last week, so that is why he was invisible. Why he would lose snaps after Bostic's injury remains a mystery to me. 

Apparently on Kamara‘s long run Davis went to the wrong gap. He and Collins ended up in the same spot and Davis just totally played it wrong. I’m guessing after that they sat him down. Silly and does nothing for his development. 

• Like 4