Week 6: Packers @ Da Bears: Packers win 24-14! Move to 5-1 and alone on top of the NFC North!

FAH1223

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Coming out party for Justin Fields.

Bears will score 30 or more points.

Good news is that it will keep Nagy in Chicago for at least another year, making Love’s first season easier by two games.

Keep the anti jinx coming bb

21 hours ago, incognito_man said:

it depends, it feels like either we're not stupid and we crush the bears, or the game gets ugly (like Cincy) and it's a toss-up at the end. Feels like this team will be riding a high and know they were sloppy as hell and pulled out a W not playing their best ball, and they're going to be up for Chicago. It's in CHI, so I'm not SUPER confident. My guess right now is 24-13

I actually wouldn't be shocked if it was something like 23-20 Green Bay.

I think part of it is that you just can never be too sure about these division rivalries.  Now I called it last year that we were going to blow out the Bears in that first game because we should have beaten the Colts the week before and basically beat ourselves more than anything in that one.  Our guys were gonna be fired up and we caught the Bears on a 5 game skid.  The Bears may not be getting too many impressive wins right now but they are playing decent football.  Old saying, it's not just who you play but when you play them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

wow, that’s kinda crazy. 

Is it though...given the recent history? Like outside of the Lovie smith era they have been pretty terrible. And that stat covers only the last or last two years of lovie smith.

The stat covers the trestman era, John fox era and now nagy.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

If we get Myers and Jenkins back on the OL and not screw up we should win.  The Bears' D is good but the offense is not.

Pretty much this. The Packers DL should be able to generate pressure on Fields and if you can get the lead and force them out of running the ball you have to feel good.

7 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

wow, that’s kinda crazy. 

The all time series stands 101-95-6 in favor of the Packers. The best thing Hundley ever did in a GB uniform was keep the wins in our favor when we had just tipped the scales that season. Favre and Rodgers have climbed a huge mountain to get things back even and then take the lead. Let’s keep it going Sunday!

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

The all time series stands 101-95-6 in favor of the Packers. The best thing Hundley ever did in a GB uniform was keep the wins in our favor when we had just tipped the scales that season. Favre and Rodgers have climbed a huge mountain to get things back even and then take the lead. Let’s keep it going Sunday!

It is amazing when you think about it, the Packers were 23 down in the win column to the Bears when Wolf took over the reins. Never thought I would see them on the plus side in my lifetime. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Fields has trouble progressing beyond the first read and holds on to the ball too long. This is not the week to run vanilla schemes on defense. Throw a bunch of different looks at him and win going away.

I'm amazed he hasn't been running with the ball ... he's got electric qualities there with his 4.4 speed.  Hopefully they keep him in the pocket once again.  They have tried to run some designed QB runs, but have been failing mightily.