Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

Gruden needs to go. And it has 0% to do with the off the field stuff what so ever. He’s just not a good Head Coach and one of the worst GM’s in the league (we know who runs the show). He’d be a good OC. He has a good offensive mind. But he shouldn’t be leading a football team. 

• Like 2

His performance as a coach and de facto gm is reason enough to let him go. Add in the off the field stuff, and I think he should be gone tbh. But mark won’t have the balls to do it. As long as Gruden is here, it’s always going to be the Jon Gruden show with a mediocre team in the background.

• Like 2

the offense has generally been productive under him, but he still has some really bad tendencies. his stubbornness to establish the run when we dont have the tools for it, and his absurdly predictable short yardage calls (ie bring in the big boys, bring in a fullback, and just ram it between the guards every time)

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

his stubbornness to establish the run when we dont have the tools for it

This is my biggest gripe. Like bro, just because they have a bad Run D doesn’t mean we have the ability to run the ball. We should be a 70% pass team until our OL and Jacobs can prove otherwise. Gruden is just beyond stubborn. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs is good but he's so slow

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

who cares lol. jacobs is a good RB when healthy but ultimately a very replaceable piece. drafting him in the first was always a mistake

Both accurate. 

Mayock/Gruden don't care about 40 times. Jacobs ran a 4.65 or so. I don't think I've ever seen a RB go in the 1st with that time before. If the Raiders didn't draft Jacobs, I'm almost positive he falls to the 34-40 range of the 2nd Round.