Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

Read a article saying over 600,000 emails from 2010 to 2018 dayum didn’t know Jon was that active on the keyboard. That’s almost 200 a day 

As a football coach I admit us coaches talk about everyone refs, players, parents, comish, principals, other coaches etc etc but we know the consequences so we do it over a beer in a garage or back yard patio. Not through text messages or emails or on social media. Because even we know there’s a consequence if word gets out. No paper trail. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

34 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Somewhere Mack and Cooper are laughing

and Hudson, and Jackson, and Brown, and Brown, and Feliciano, and Pagano, and .....I think Gruden has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

A Brown is laughing but he deserves to be lumped into the same category as Gruden if not worse.  

I would love for the league to look into everyone's emails and texts if it was possible.  Would probably not have enough players and coaches to have a league.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Read a article saying over 600,000 emails from 2010 to 2018 dayum didn’t know Jon was that active on the keyboard. That’s almost 200 a day 

As a football coach I admit us coaches talk about everyone refs, players, parents, comish, principals, other coaches etc etc but we know the consequences so we do it over a beer in a garage or back yard patio. Not through text messages or emails or on social media. Because even we know there’s a consequence if word gets out. No paper trail. 

Pretty sure that's 600K various emails. Not from Gruden. That would be some next level email work lol.

Just now, big_palooka said:

When is Davis going to say something publicly? His "I accepted his resignation" quote is pathetic. I think your players, fans, etc. deserve more than that. Your franchise was just embarrassed by your man crush and you're nowhere to be found. 

Lol gruden era started with ab and ended with this 🤦🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

When is Davis going to say something publicly? His "I accepted his resignation" quote is pathetic. I think your players, fans, etc. deserve more than that. Your franchise was just embarrassed by your man crush and you're nowhere to be found. 

Probably never. The team didn't want to fire him but reportedly the league was going to just keep sending emails until they essentially had too.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I mean the Raiders put out a nasty tweet before he resigned how they are disgusted with this if I remember correctly.

Very disappointed in Gruden tbh. Wasn’t a great evaluator of players and I hated the Mack trade but did think he could put together an offense. The OL moves have put the team in a really bad spot although the defense is much improved. 

The emails are definitely a distraction and he’s done the right thing imo resigning it’s inexcusable the things he’s said. Leaving mid season is likely gonna be an issue for this season.

Hopefully the team can rally round otherwise it’s gonna be a long season. 

• Like 1