Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

This could and likely will ruin our season even more so than the pandemic issues.  Can we rebound from this?  Can someone, the interim head coach, rally the team?  I doubt it.  I've considered hanging myself.🤮😟😭😱

Absolutely disgusting. You should apologize to every poster. Especially the ones who have been affected by suicide. Like me. My father hanged himself.

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Read a article saying over 600,000 emails from 2010 to 2018 dayum didn’t know Jon was that active on the keyboard. That’s almost 200 a day 

As a football coach I admit us coaches talk about everyone refs, players, parents, comish, principals, other coaches etc etc but we know the consequences so we do it over a beer in a garage or back yard patio. Not through text messages or emails or on social media. Because even we know there’s a consequence if word gets out. No paper trail. 

They are not all his those are all the emails from the Washington investigation somehow the 5 pages of Gruden email are the only ones leaked so far.

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

They are not all his those are all the emails from the Washington investigation somehow the 5 pages of Gruden email are the only ones leaked so far.

I think it’s just the beginning and gruden got out before he really had to answer for his actions. I don’t believe it’s just a gruden and wft thing. I wonder who else will go down. 

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think it’s just the beginning and gruden got out before he really had to answer for his actions. I don’t believe it’s just a gruden and wft thing. I wonder who else will go down. 

I'd say Dan Snyder, but that dude is absolute teflon somehow. 

I think the worst part is that there just aren't many guys in the NFL I have any reason to actually dislike, but I know I'm gonna get really let down eventually. You like to think coaches, especially at that level, would be above the fray. 

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd say Dan Snyder, but that dude is absolute teflon somehow. 

I think the worst part is that there just aren't many guys in the NFL I have any reason to actually dislike, but I know I'm gonna get really let down eventually. You like to think coaches, especially at that level, would be above the fray. 

You think they’d cover up their tracks better I mean especially emails those things last forever lol I can still pull up my cringy emails from 15-20 years ago lol. Pictures and all lol. Seems like a bunch of old guys about to get caught by technology they were unaware of. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Probably never. The team didn't want to fire him but reportedly the league was going to just keep sending emails until they essentially had too.

I said a few days ago that the league was going to force our hand with some form of punishment.  I want them to release all the emails.  You have to imagine they started off with one of the more mild emails and they were going to get progressively worse.  I wonder who they were all sent to?  They can not all be to the same person.

53 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You think they’d cover up their tracks better I mean especially emails those things last forever lol I can still pull up my cringy emails from 15-20 years ago lol. Pictures and all lol. Seems like a bunch of old guys about to get caught by technology they were unaware of. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Preach!!!!!!

I think most of us have emails and texts that would get us fired or at least fined if we worked for the NFL.  Thankfully we are not held to that standard.  Plenty of stuff that was sent to me in my younger years.  I have not held onto to it but just forgot I still had a lot of it.  Was just thinking I should get rid of it just in case my wife or kids ever looked at my old emails from 20 years ago.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think most of us have emails and texts that would get us fired or at least fined if we worked for the NFL.  Thankfully we are not held to that standard.  Plenty of stuff that was sent to me in my younger years.  I have not held onto to it but just forgot I still had a lot of it.  Was just thinking I should get rid of it just in case my wife or kids ever looked at my old emails from 20 years ago.

I almost got in trouble at work last month for typing the word “crap” supposedly crap is a bad word and it offended the reader 🤦🏽‍♂️. I had to produce multiple emails where the offended person used “crap” to get the board off my back. It’s extra sensitive now. A great quote I learned recently “it’s not the intent but more the reception” of your statement. You could have harmless intentions with a statement but it all depends on the reception it receives. 

• Like 1

Really disappointed in Davis in not putting out a more formal statement. The "I accepted his resignation" quote was pathetic. 

Even the Bucs brass has proven more empathetic to the situation. 

Does Davis mentally recover from this? I mean I can't imagine the toll this has to be taking on him.

• Like 1