Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

Great point about how Mark nor Mayock have said anything about this. That little statement they posted on their Twitter feed is not enough. I know Mark Davis must be crushed right now. He loved Gruden and thought so highly of him and he must be crushed by this, but him or Mayock need to speak up. Cannot leave it to the players or the acting coach to do it tomorrow. Not sure if they think this will just blow over but this needs be to talked about with the two guys we know who are in charge. Mark and Mayock. Time is ticking 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Really disappointed in Davis in not putting out a more formal statement. The "I accepted his resignation" quote was pathetic. 

Even the Bucs brass has proven more empathetic to the situation. 

Does Davis mentally recover from this? I mean I can't imagine the toll this has to be taking on him.

He must feel betrayed by the NFL. New England is caught cheating and they're in the parking lot smashing cell phones and video tapes but Gruden has his 12 year old Emails leaked to the Times.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

Clear (to me at least) Goodell authorized these leaks. Gruden poked the bear, and was constantly criticizing Goodell and insulting him. You may not like him, but Goodell is the most powerful man in all of sports and he will destroy you if you bad mouth him. 

Look at Jerry Jones a year or two ago. The media and public was coming after him hard after all his constant Goodell criticism. It all randomly got buried and Jerry has not badmouthed Goodell once. 

Do not poke the bear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Really disappointed in Davis in not putting out a more formal statement. The "I accepted his resignation" quote was pathetic. 

Even the Bucs brass has proven more empathetic to the situation. 

Does Davis mentally recover from this? I mean I can't imagine the toll this has to be taking on him.

Mark is a pathetic owner. He should allow someone with brains to run the team. If a tech CEO bought the raiders they’d still be in Oakland right now.

• Like 1

"It is truly outrageous that after the NFL's 10-month investigation involving hundreds of witnesses and 650,000 documents related to the longtime culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Football Team, the only person to be held accountable and lose their job is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders," lawyers Lisa Banks and Debra Katz said in a statement.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation

Best summary of the overall situation I've see yet. WTH NFL? The only thing that makes sense is that Gruden was the easiest domino to fall, and the remaining dominoes are just that much more serious. Which is why it's taking longer, which is scary to think about. For example, why hasn't anyone jumped on the WFT for the photo's of their cheerleaders and the situation they were forced into? That's straight up criminal. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NickButera said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation

Best summary of the overall situation I've see yet. WTH NFL? The only thing that makes sense is that Gruden was the easiest domino to fall, and the remaining dominoes are just that much more serious. Which is why it's taking longer, which is scary to think about. For example, why hasn't anyone jumped on the WFT for the photo's of their cheerleaders and the situation they were forced into? That's straight up criminal. 

Rodger clearly has a personal vendetta against Jon Gruden after seeing the vulgar language he used against him. The league was literally not going to stop leaking emails until he quit or we fired him.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Mullen was a big JG guy had a post on his IG saying Got you JG....

I'd wager 90% percent of the team were Gruden guys. He's a great personality and can make guys go to war for him. Now does that mean he knows player personnel? 100% no. But I bet these guys would run through a wall for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Great point about how Mark nor Mayock have said anything about this. That little statement they posted on their Twitter feed is not enough. I know Mark Davis must be crushed right now. He loved Gruden and thought so highly of him and he must be crushed by this, but him or Mayock need to speak up. Cannot leave it to the players or the acting coach to do it tomorrow. Not sure if they think this will just blow over but this needs be to talked about with the two guys we know who are in charge. Mark and Mayock. Time is ticking 

The fact that the league had this information for a year but waited until 5 weeks into the first season with fans in Las Vegas is complete and totally BS. Had to spoil it for everyone that spent money to support the team and league, Mark and the players are doing the right thing by staying quiet. If the league wants information, tell them to hack the players emails.