Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The Gruden email stuff is so blown out of proportion. However if this is a way we can get out of his dumb contract, then I hope Mark does it. He won't. But I hope he does. 

Fully agree with every word of this post. The e-mail stuff is way blown out of proportion and shouldn't even be a big deal at all. However, if we can use it as an excuse to get out of his massive contract, please do it. 

Mark is not gonna do it though. He's too nice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The Gruden email stuff is so blown out of proportion. However if this is a way we can get out of his dumb contract, then I hope Mark does it. He won't. But I hope he does. 

Doubt he will either but he did not look happy at all when it cut to him.

Was fine with hiring Gruden. Even fine with ridiculous money. But making it 10 years was such a fanboy move on his part. Hopefully he sees the light

• Like 1

I agree that Gruden needs to be fired and it's strictly based on the roster he's assembled and how horribly coached this team is. 

He's a terrible HC and the team played today to the caliber of the roster he's assembled which is below average, just like I said from day one of the preseason.  

The crazy thing is that if anyone goes it will be Mayock.  He will be the scapegoat for Gurden but in reality they both suck and need to go.  

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Fully agree with every word of this post. The e-mail stuff is way blown out of proportion and shouldn't even be a big deal at all. However, if we can use it as an excuse to get out of his massive contract, please do it. 

Mark is not gonna do it though. He's too nice. 

I agree.  I would use it to give that stooge Gruden the ax but Davis never will.  

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Both accurate. 

Mayock/Gruden don't care about 40 times. Jacobs ran a 4.65 or so. I don't think I've ever seen a RB go in the 1st with that time before. If the Raiders didn't draft Jacobs, I'm almost positive he falls to the 34-40 range of the 2nd Round. 

I don’t care about his 40 time. I mostly care that he’s mostly been used as a 2 down back when a big part of his appeal coming out of college was his ability to catch and pass protect. 

as much as i don’t like the idea of taking RBs in the first round, it would at least be palatable if he was a 3 down back like Najee

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

I don’t care about his 40 time. I mostly care that he’s mostly been used as a 2 down back when a big part of his appeal coming out of college was his ability to catch and pass protect. 

as much as i don’t like the idea of taking RBs in the first round, it would at least be palatable if he was a 3 down back like Najee

They took a two down RB and box safety back to back. You think they care about 3 down players? They say one thing and do another.

Jon/Mike not trusting measurable factors is one of their biggest weaknesses. Ferrell didn’t test and they drafted him at 4. Jacobs whack 40 time. Arnette whack 40 time. Arnette 30” arms, complete rarity to be a successful outside corner with those arms. Hayward is a rare example of succeeding. 

Ruggs they trusted the speed and height and looks like it may be working out. 

I’m not saying only trust measurablebles. You need both. Ruggs had good enough tape. Sure hands, tough catches, and not the greatest route runner but ran an expansive route tree. He was still raw, but showed good enough tape to go along with his speed/height.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Mayock has had 6 first rounders, and the one with the best outlook right now is Ruggs. And even that one…

I'm not so sure Mayock is the primary culprit in the first round, looks like Gruden's fingerprints over those picks to me........

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

He can't stay healthy. We tried to make him an every down back last year with 30+ touches the first two weeks, he got hurt. He's already hurt this year again.

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jon/Mike not trusting measurable factors is one of their biggest weaknesses.

Trusting the schemes of mediocre assistant coaches has been their biggest weakness. Prior to this year all of our defensive additions were made because they "fit" Guenther's scheme. All of the offensive linemen we've brought in have been guys that fit "Cables mold." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree that Gruden needs to be fired and it's strictly based on the roster he's assembled and how horribly coached this team is. 

He's a terrible HC and the team played today to the caliber of the roster he's assembled which is below average, just like I said from day one of the preseason.  

The crazy thing is that if anyone goes it will be Mayock.  He will be the scapegoat for Gurden but in reality they both suck and need to go.  

Gotta feel for Carr. Last year we had a decent OL, no defense. Now we have OL and a decent defense.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gotta feel for Carr. Last year we had a decent OL, no defense. Now we have OL and a decent defense.

Losing Hutson was a massive loss.  Absolutely massive from Hudson to James. 

If we ever get Richie back he will certainly help but I'm not holding my breath as he's injury prone and 38. 

The D has improved over last years high school caliber D but the missed picks are killing us.  Ferrell is a bum, Arnette is a worthless bum, Abram is average. 

Those misses are completely inexcusable and both Gruden and Mayock need to be held accountable.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He can't stay healthy. We tried to make him an every down back last year with 30+ touches the first two weeks, he got hurt. He's already hurt this year again.

Every down doesn’t mean giving him 30 touches. You can still have Booker spell him for a series he and there. 

what i don’t like is that he comes off the field on 3rd downs and 2 minute drills. Choreographs too much 

• Like 2