Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I know nothing about Abram but you did not have to have ties to the NFL to have an idea that some players in 2017 did not like Carr.  We already know the team turned on JDR after the WFT game and Davis admitted the situation was handled very poorly but also that Carr picked a side in the situation.  He stood with JDR.  There was a clear divide and out of 50 protesting players some were going to take offense to him being with JDR whos statements/actions had already pissed off the players.

You really think the team knew long before Friday about these emails? I highly doubt it tbh, a real reach to apportion blame the Chargers defeat to this as well. 

30 minutes ago, Dessie said:

You really think the team knew long before Friday about these emails? I highly doubt it tbh, a real reach to apportion blame the Chargers defeat to this as well. 

When did I say that?  I said I would like to know when the team had knowledge of it and Gruden knew as soon as the WFT investigation started he might get caught up in it with the emails he sent. I am sure the situation affected the Bears game but no clue with the Chargers game.  If they did know then I am sure it was a distraction.

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

When did I say that?  I said I would like to know when the team had knowledge of it and Gruden knew as soon as the WFT investigation started he might get caught up in it with the emails he sent. I am sure the situation affected the Bears game but no clue with the Chargers game.  If they did know then I am sure it was a distraction.

You were initially replying to someone who was claiming that the emails might be the reason we ‘tanked’ the last 2 games. Hence why I asked do you think it likely the players knew before the news breaking. 

Just now, Dessie said:

You were initially replying to someone who was claiming that the emails might be the reason we ‘tanked’ the last 2 games. Hence why I asked do you think it likely the players knew before the news breaking. 

Okay.  No I do not think the Chargers game was impacted.  We did not look good against LA but I did not get to watch the entire game.  From what I did see and the stat line maybe Gruden knew because the team was clearly not ready.  Gruden might have been asked for comment before the story ran and maybe he said something to the team?  Who knows but the first half of the Chargers game was one of the worst since I have been a fan.  26 yards and 1 1st down is pathetic.  Can't even put any blame on the defense when we run 22 plays combined in our first 6 drives.  I would not bet we knew but something was going on with the offense.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Okay.  No I do not think the Chargers game was impacted.  We did not look good against LA but I did not get to watch the entire game.  From what I did see and the stat line maybe Gruden knew because the team was clearly not ready.  Gruden might have been asked for comment before the story ran and maybe he said something to the team?  Who knows but the first half of the Chargers game was one of the worst since I have been a fan.  26 yards and 1 1st down is pathetic.  Can't even put any blame on the defense when we run 22 plays combined in our first 6 drives.  I would not bet we knew but something was going on with the offense.

You seem to have contradicted yourself. You said no you didn’t think the Chargers game was impacted but then go into great detail as to why it could have been. 

9 minutes ago, Dessie said:

You seem to have contradicted yourself. You said no you didn’t think the Chargers game was impacted but then go into great detail as to why it could have been. 

Not a contradiction.  I said I did not think the game was impacted but something was not right with the team.  Do not care how good a teams defense is there is no reason why our offense should play that bad.  Was just giving an example of how it was possible if it was though.  Sorry I am an economist so I always try to see how it could be different than what I think.  Just the way I have been trained to think.  A good economist will never tell you anything with 100% certainty.  

Edited by drfrey13

35 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Not a contradiction.  I said I did not think the game was impacted but something was not right with the team.  Do not care how good a teams defense is there is no reason why our offense should play that bad.  Was just giving an example of how it was possible if it was though.  Sorry I am an economist so I always try to see how it could be different than what I think.  Just the way I have been trained to think.  A good economist will never tell you anything with 100% certainty.  

So now you are not sure the Chargers game wasn’t impacted as you are not 100% sure assuming you are calling yourself a good economist? 

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

So now you are not sure the Chargers game wasn’t impacted as you are not 100% sure assuming you are calling yourself a good economist? 

Never said I was a good economist.  

No way of knowing any of this.  I can only tell you what I think.  

I think the Bears game was impacted.

I do not think the Chargers game was.

I do think something was wrong with the team during the Chargers game in the first half at least.

If the Chargers game was impacted by the situation it probably played out the way I said but I do not think that was the case.

As far as being a good economist I will leave that to other people to say whether I am or not.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Never said I was a good economist.  

No way of knowing any of this.  I can only tell you what I think.  

I think the Bears game was impacted.

I do not think the Chargers game was.

I do think something was wrong with the team during the Chargers game in the first half at least.

If the Chargers game was impacted by the situation it probably played out the way I said but I do not think that was the case.

As far as being a good economist I will leave that to other people to say whether I am or not.

I think the bears game was definitely impacted esp since gruden is the offense and basically the offense lost that game cause the defense did their job but why on offense would you want gruden to go out as a winner. I think gruden basically divided the team. 

16 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

It's quite the coincidence that the first article about Gruden's emails was published the 8th of october 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis

I kinda get the idea where this is going. Sorry Mark Davis, you're about to get thrown out.

Good catch.  Ten year anniversary.  You think they could have waited a day.