Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Good catch.  Ten year anniversary.  You think they could have waited a day.

It could have happened months ago. Not surprised Mark Davis isn't talking now.

Edited by oakdb36
2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Good catch.  Ten year anniversary.  You think they could have waited a day.

I think mark, front office and the coaches knew before the season started. I remember hella coaches and front office guys jumped ship right before the season. Not to mention the nassib thing. First season with fans mark couldn’t let anything ruin that & so he stalled and did his “due diligence”. Then we won 3 games and mark thought stuff would just blow over. Then the nfl figured mark wasn’t taking it seriously so they applied more pressure. 

ima conspiracy guy lol but too many coincidences imo

It's too bad the team isn't playing good cause I think I would love to see Goodell having to congratulate an owner of a team that he forced the head coach out, sort of like when Rozelle had to do back in 81' when he was trying to stop Al from moving. I do think Gruden needed to go though but it looks suspicious his removal is all that has developed from this whole investigation.

31 minutes ago, billking said:

It's too bad the team isn't playing good cause I think I would love to see Goodell having to congratulate an owner of a team that he forced the head coach out, sort of like when Rozelle had to do back in 81' when he was trying to stop Al from moving. I do think Gruden needed to go though but it looks suspicious his removal is all that has developed from this whole investigation.

Goodell does have past experience, like when he handed the Lombardi to the Patriots after deflate-gate...

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think mark, front office and the coaches knew before the season started. I remember hella coaches and front office guys jumped ship right before the season. Not to mention the nassib thing. First season with fans mark couldn’t let anything ruin that & so he stalled and did his “due diligence”. Then we won 3 games and mark thought stuff would just blow over. Then the nfl figured mark wasn’t taking it seriously so they applied more pressure. 

It is possible.  I am sure Gruden knew something was going to happen to him eventually after the investigation began.  It is also possible that he told Mark and the other coaches that he said some bad stuff in emails from years past.  I, like may others on here, think it is completely ridiculous that out of all of this Gruden is the only one getting popped.  He may be the first one but it is also possible that he will be the only one.

46 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It is possible.  I am sure Gruden knew something was going to happen to him eventually after the investigation began.  It is also possible that he told Mark and the other coaches that he said some bad stuff in emails from years past.  I, like may others on here, think it is completely ridiculous that out of all of this Gruden is the only one getting popped.  He may be the first one but it is also possible that he will be the only one.

They can’t keep the rest of the emails private social media, public interest and legal situations will get them released. Nobody is above the nfl too many different offended groups. I can’t imagine that gruden is the only one. To make this “investigation” legit Ima need at least 3 more big names to fall

• Like 1
1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Or he thought nothing of it. You would think that it would need a massive fallout with many big washington guys getting canned before an active HC who never was employed by Washington would be hurt. Not that he would be the only one. Imo Gruden never expected anything from thissince it was " that far away"

And tbh i would not be surprised if Gruden feels these type of emails are just his normal way of communicating & thatnothing was wrong to begin with.

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That does makes some sense and it was strange that a few FO staff left around the same time. What is extremely dubious and I don't believe for a second is that Jon Gruden is the only one that has done something wrong like this. There must be a whole culture or network of 'old boys' who are culpable in all this.

As Derek Carr said in his presser, maybe they should go through all coaches and owners emails and finally weed out the bad apples for once and for all. Of course that may not be in the NFL's 'best interest' but it should be done. It would be in societies best interest to know who these cretins are.

Edited by Darbsk
23 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That does makes some sense and it was strange that a few FO staff left around the same time. What is extremely dubious and I don't believe for a second is that Jon Gruden is the only one that has done something wrong like this. There must be a whole culture or network of 'old boys' who are culpable in all this.

As Derek Carr said in his presser, maybe they should go through all coaches and owners emails and finally weed out the bad apples for once and for all. Of course that may not be in the NFL's 'best interest' but it should be done. It would be in societies best interest to know who these cretins are.

The FO people got caught stealing. They were stealing money over 10 years. It could have be longer.

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Jerry Jones would be on top of that list and he's running the league. That's not happening.