Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Oh, OK I didn't know that. Is that an official statement?

It was a rumor but it had something to do with the IRS and the Raiders owing back taxes on money that was stolen.

https://lvsportsbiz.com/2021/08/19/media-reports-say-raiders-financial-executives-left-team-after-discovery-of-financial-irregularities/

Edited by Bitty 2.0
  • Like 1

Watching this demaurice smith interview and wow this is big I feel a lot more people are going to get exposed. Especially everyone on that Smith email thread. The fact that gruden talked about him out of all people might be the biggest mistake out of all of this. He’s a very powerful man with a very powerful resume.

Gruden was stupid for this but IMO the only way he got caught was due to wft using the “company” email system vs “personal” emails

11 hours ago, Roninho said:

Or he thought nothing of it. You would think that it would need a massive fallout with many big washington guys getting canned before an active HC who never was employed by Washington would be hurt. Not that he would be the only one. Imo Gruden never expected anything from thissince it was " that far away"

And tbh i would not be surprised if Gruden feels these type of emails are just his normal way of communicating & thatnothing was wrong to begin with.

I could see the point that maybe he thought that he had more time.  Definitely would not have thought that he would be the first one when he was not part of the WFT or even the NFL at the time.  However there are plenty of things he said in the emails that I believe he would never say in public or on the record.  Therefore he should not think that it was just normal everyday conversation even if he was angry.

I'm glad to be rid of JG. His shadow will loom over things for a bit,  but Davis won the lottery. Saved a ton of cash and if he does it right can find a winning FO and coach. 

Post Chargers loss when JG was talking about the visiting locker room, etc. I was like get this guy out of here. You just got your faces kicked in by a division rival and you're talking about how hard it is to find the locker room? Guy was a blowhard. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Whether it’s performance, his emails, or both, every single person on this forum is glad Gruden is gone. Nice to see a universal agreement on something. 

I think 65% of us already wanted him gone before the email stuff. 

I wanted to give him this year, but he got in his own way with his conservative calls and bad situational awareness. I was done with him after this last game against the Bears.