Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

20 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

If true, I hope there's no repercussions from the players

I get it cause he’s overcome some demons and was given a second chance. I know he wants a bigger contract too. The locker room is divided but hopefully football can unite them 

59 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

If true, I hope there's no repercussions from the players

Honestly, I hope the players wind up taking his lead on it. Set the example. 

Gruden did some deplorable things, no doubt. His job is gone. His reputation is tarnished. His accolades are being rescinded. And whatever his true views are, he cared about the game of football, and that too is gone from him, likely forever. 

He's gone. He's out. He won't be welcomed back. But Waller knows all about personal flaws and how the right response can actually lead to becoming a better person. Nobody on the team has to like Gruden, much less sing his praises, but I think the team forgiving him, even if just in private, would probably have a bigger impact on making him remorseful and strive to be better in the future than losing football. 

Stand-up move by Waller for taking lead on that. That shows more emotional maturity and a desire to see change than simply being pissed. Getting pissed is easy. Saying "Ya know what? Your views have no place here. But I forgive you. Go be a better person from here on." takes real guts, heart, and maturity. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Where did you hear this?

On an interview I watched last night with Louis riddick iirc I’ll try to find it. Also talked about why Al traded gruden away and that mark should’ve never signed gruden 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

52 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I get it cause he’s overcome some demons and was given a second chance. I know he wants a bigger contract too. The locker room is divided but hopefully football can unite them 

Gruden made him a multimillionaire of course he's gonna hug him. People will understand