Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

They were hidden Cameras??? Holy F that is bad. Is that not prison time for the owner???

The cheerleaders are practically naked when they're in their skimpy outfits and in small bikinis for a calendar shoot which doesn't seem to bother them. Still doesn't make this right, this is something a super creeper would do. How many male posters would want to see those tatas? I'd probably want to and not feel bad about it. JK

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

honestly, Id watch games with non football fans, and Id point out that every first down we were going to run the ball up the middle. . . and by mid second Q theyd start screaming the same thing.
If it is working then fine, (so i can see the if it executes well no one would blame it), but we started slow every game and had no success with the runs. Wed then fall into a hole, and had to move away from it, and would see success. 
a 1 yard run on first, ruins gruden play calling scheme, because he is lets get 4 yards every down type of guy. 

That's the thing: I've always understood the run on first down criticism but there's a couple of things when it comes to that.

1. A lot of teams run on first down(Vikings Browns ravens niners rams). Why nobody cares when they do it it's because it's affective(because they're lines block)

2. Running on first down does not make you a conservative Play caller(especially when your top 10 in passing every year). Example the Browns run on first down a lot but are in the bottom 7 in passing. The raiders are second in passing in the whole league rn. They were top 10 in 2020 and they were top 10 in 2019. 

3. He's the let's get 4 yards type, how are the Raiders leading the NFL in 20+ deep passes this year and last year top 10 in 20+ yard completions, top 5 in 40+ yards completions(over the chiefs, bucs, seahawks, texans, chargers, and bills)? That's more than offenses led by Patrick Mahomes Tom Brady (who were both in the Super Bowl) Russell Wilson, deshaun Watson, Justin Herbert and Josh Allen(all these which are quarterbacks that are known for throwing the ball down the field and leading offenses that are far from conservative.

No the argument I've already heard 1000 times for this is because they don't play defense so they find themselves behind. My response for that would be why are they leading a chunk plays. If they're the "let's get 4 yards time"(like the narratives suggest) why wouldn't they just be trying to dink and dunk to get there? Why are they throwing the ball down the field more than Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson we also have bad defenses and are behind at times?

Boy, did I hear a comment on Pro Football Weekly (I think) this morning on CBS Sports.  Few commentators say positive stuff about the Raiders.  PFW said the investigation was ongoing since February as they looked into the WFT.  They reviewed 680,000 emails many from prior GM Bruce Allen.  If the NFL is investigating the WFT why are they not releasing those emails.  Instead they only release Gruden's at this point in time, mid-season and force him out.  Why not in February, which would have allowed the Raiders to find another coach long before training camp?  It was devastating for the Raiders, not to mention John Gruden.  PFW called it a "Mafia Hit".  They said wait for the lawsuits from Gruden and the Raiders on behalf of Mark Davis.  They said Gruden will never recover from this and likely will never again be coaching football in the NFL or for that matter, anywhere.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Boy, did I hear a comment on Pro Football Weekly (I think) this morning on CBS Sports.  Few commentators say positive stuff about the Raiders.  PFW said the investigation was ongoing since February as they looked into the WFT.  They reviewed 680,000 emails many from prior GM Bruce Allen.  If the NFL is investigating the WFT why are they not releasing those emails.  Instead they only release Gruden's at this point in time, mid-season and force him out.  Why not in February, which would have allowed the Raiders to find another coach long before training camp?  It was devastating for the Raiders, not to mention John Gruden.  PFW called it a "Mafia Hit".  They said wait for the lawsuits from Gruden and the Raiders on behalf of Mark Davis.  They said Gruden will never recover from this and likely will never again be coaching football in the NFL or for that matter, anywhere.

On the brighter side, the Raiders as a team should take this situation as an assault by the NFL and use it to create momentum as it appears that it did in the Denver game.  Players are at their peak and playing at a level we haven't seen in years (or decades).  This could take them to the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's the thing: I've always understood the run on first down criticism but there's a couple of things when it comes to that.

1. A lot of teams run on first down(Vikings Browns ravens niners rams). Why nobody cares when they do it it's because it's affective(because they're lines block)

2. Running on first down does not make you a conservative Play caller(especially when your top 10 in passing every year). Example the Browns run on first down a lot but are in the bottom 7 in passing. The raiders are second in passing in the whole league rn. They were top 10 in 2020 and they were top 10 in 2019. 

3. He's the let's get 4 yards type, how are the Raiders leading the NFL in 20+ deep passes this year and last year top 10 in 20+ yard completions, top 5 in 40+ yards completions(over the chiefs, bucs, seahawks, texans, chargers, and bills)? That's more than offenses led by Patrick Mahomes Tom Brady (who were both in the Super Bowl) Russell Wilson, deshaun Watson, Justin Herbert and Josh Allen(all these which are quarterbacks that are known for throwing the ball down the field and leading offenses that are far from conservative.

No the argument I've already heard 1000 times for this is because they don't play defense so they find themselves behind. My response for that would be why are they leading a chunk plays. If they're the "let's get 4 yards time"(like the narratives suggest) why wouldn't they just be trying to dink and dunk to get there? Why are they throwing the ball down the field more than Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson we also have bad defenses and are behind at times?

1 - Yes but those teams you listed are very effective at running the football. We are not. Why would we play to our weakness? We are a better passing football team. Ravens, Vikings, Niners, Browns - are all very good running teams, so it works for them. Just because Aaron Rodgers has success throwing across his body on the run, doesnt mean I want my QB trying it. 

2 - I agree. There are a number of factors that made Gruden conservative. His run first tendency is only one of them. In the 4th and even sometimes 3rd, if we had a 2 score lead. . . he would start trying to milk the clock. Good aggresive teams keep trying to score. Again, it has more to do, we are a better passing team (as you said), but he still wants to start every possesion off with a run. 

3 - He has good play designs, when we dial up passes they actually work. Not only that, but when you are put in 3rd and longs, you have to take shot plays sometimes. I believe a couple of the bombs to Ruggs have come on 3rd and 10. Down and distance plays a roll in play calling. 
if a team was constantly in 3rd and 20, theyd probably lead the league in 20 yard passes. Doesnt necessarily mean they are the best passing team. 
- - 
Having speed is a huge factor in chunk plays, and having Ruggs and Waller plays a massive effect in getting 20 or 40 yards. Dialing up 1 or 2 deep shots to Ruggs a game to me is conservative. We have hit on them, and with pass interfernce in the NFL these days, if Ruggs is one on one, an aggressive caller will take those shots all day. Not once or twice a game.