Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

3.  gruden got to go. I think it's a bunch of fans that feel the same. But we chew real slow and swallow it cause we know mark isn't firing him. So we try to just cheer for small victories, like having an avg defense and a gritty hard working slot wr. 

The NFL might force Mark's hand.  No way Gruden gets off completely.  Wonder what he said about Goodell.  

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He has made a lot of plays this season. Quarterback hits. Key stops. Even some passes broken up. I'm not saying he's a star, or hasn't made mistakes, but it's hard to say he's not playing good ball rn.

He'd missed the 3rd most tackles coming into Sunday. He's improved, but he's not worth a 5th year extension. 

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You nailed our bum LB's. 

We haven't had a decent LB on this team for as long as I can remember and we refuse to address the position through the draft, most importantly getting a sideline to sideline MLB who is the leader of the D and a field general.  

Once again on Gruden and Mayock...

Been arguing this for years. With KC and now LA terrorizing defenses with expert QB play and the ability to spread the ball all over, having range at LB is crucial. 

I said Gruden wouldn't make it to next year if he missed the playoffs again. I still see that playing out. He's not making the playoffs, that's clear.

The problem is... this team lacks an identity and a plan and it has come to a head. You drafted Jacobs to be your workhorse running back. You want to be a power football team who runs to set up the play action pass. Then you completely dismantle the core of that effort, your vet Oline?

The roster construction has been a disaster of wasted resources. As a play caller he's hit and miss. He can completely suck the life out of the offense with conservative play calls at the worst times. 

He's been out coached by some of the worst coaches in the league. His offensive staff doesn't inspire much of anything. He has some good moments as play caller, but they overshadowed by some of his dumbest calls. 

He will realize after this season how far away he is from competing in the AFC west now and retire back to the studio. 

• Like 1

I said Gruden was on the hot seat in the off-season and every said Mark Davis won’t fire him. 

It is obvious that someOne leaked those emails from Gruden. Sadly Gruden won’t get a team without Carr as a QB but they hitched their wagon to him

Gruden/Carr/Mayock trio all gone after this year

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Been arguing this for years. With KC and now LA terrorizing defenses with expert QB play and the ability to spread the ball all over, having range at LB is crucial. 

Wright has not played like I had hoped but taking White over Ferrell looks so much better every year.

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Wright is old and slow. That's why Seattle moved on and nobody showed much interest. 

Wright losing a step had already been pointed out but his instincts and knowledge I thought would make up for it.  From what I have seen he is not bad but I have not watched all the games yet.

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Wright losing a step had already been pointed out but his instincts and knowledge I thought would make up for it.  From what I have seen he is not bad but I have not watched all the games yet.

He's a JAG at this stage. Which is fine. Better than the alternative. 

Perryman I've been impressed with. He's been a tone setter.

• Like 1