Week 8 Non Vikings Games

SemperFeist

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

Who are you going to trust more down the stretch, Russell Wilson or Jared Goff?

The Rams have gotten four of their five wins against Scott Tolzien, Brian Hoyer, Blake Bortles, and Drew Stanton.

They were also a Krupp drop away from beating Seattle and being 6-1. 

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I won't dismiss the Rams just yet. They're trending up and you can't blame them for the teams they face on their schedule.

No, but you can use that to help project going forward.

At this point, to me they have one "good win". I'll even be fair and say we have one "good win" too. But looking at the two divisions and how the teams are playing, I think it's fair to take a cautious approach. I'd argue LA is playing at its peak. Maybe they can sustain that. Maybe not. Does anyone think Minnesota is playing at its peak? Now look at the divisions. Which team do you feel more confident about, 5-2 Seattle or 4-3 Green Bay?

I'm not completely dismissing them from playoff contention. I'm just not confident they'll be the division leader for the rest of the season. I'd give Seattle about an 80% chance of winning the West....and that might be low.

4 hours ago, Klomp said:

No, but you can use that to help project going forward.

At this point, to me they have one "good win". I'll even be fair and say we have one "good win" too. But looking at the two divisions and how the teams are playing, I think it's fair to take a cautious approach. I'd argue LA is playing at its peak. Maybe they can sustain that. Maybe not. Does anyone think Minnesota is playing at its peak? Now look at the divisions. Which team do you feel more confident about, 5-2 Seattle or 4-3 Green Bay?

I'm not completely dismissing them from playoff contention. I'm just not confident they'll be the division leader for the rest of the season. I'd give Seattle about an 80% chance of winning the West....and that might be low.

All good points. Seattle is still a playoff-level team and their chances of winning the West are good, just because they know what it takes and they've been there. But they have shown signs of weakness in the last year or two. Their defense isn't what it used to be, and I think much of their success comes down to Wilson's playmaking skills and/or pure dumb luck (near-impossible catches, the NFCCG vs. Packers, Blair Walsh Walshing a game-winning FG, etc.) If those things don't happen for them, their playoff legacy since SB XLVIII is a different story.

Perhaps I'm being overly cynical and not giving them enough credit. But in my mind, Seattle reached their peak in 2013-14 and have just been holding on ever since. One of these years, they're going to lose their grip. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the year and the Rams were the cause. (Actually, I'd be thrilled. As long as they didn't beat us, too. ^_^)

On 10/29/2017 at 2:44 PM, vike daddy said:

is the NFL still a passing league?

seems like receiving yards are way down.

Antonio Brown is on pace to have 200 more yards than the league leader last year (T.Y. Hilton) and Thielen, at his current pace, would have been 5th a year ago.  I agree that it may be down a little bit, but without a lot of superstar WRs, the ball is probably being spread around quite a bit, a lot of it to the RBs.    

4 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Perhaps I'm being overly cynical and not giving them enough credit. But in my mind, Seattle reached their peak in 2013-14 and have just been holding on ever since. One of these years, they're going to lose their grip. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the year and the Rams were the cause. (Actually, I'd be thrilled. As long as they didn't beat us, too. ^_^)

This is a completely different team. The team is now built around the QB. Not the running game. Not the defense. Russell Wilson.

The Seahawks will fall off when he falls off. Otherwise, I consider them in the same light as the Packers with a healthy Aaron Rodgers.

Archived