Kayvon or Adam Anderson

NFL_Fan

10 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I like Anderson a lot and think he has a really high ceiling, but I don’t like him top 3 right now. Maybe things change down the road though.

Same. That would feel like a reach to me to fill a need. 

Thibodeaux is the pick there unless they really fall in love with a QB. 

Right now I'd go Thibodeaux, Hamilton, or Stingley. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

Same. That would feel like a reach to me to fill a need. 

Thibodeaux is the pick there unless they really fall in love with a QB. 

Right now I'd go Thibodeaux, Hamilton, or Stingley. 

That is my top 3 right now too.  I also like Hutchinson, Drake Jackson and Leal.  I know it doesn't happen often but would love to move back and keep adding more picks and get any of those guys.  I know things will change over the next 8 months, but just want to keep going Defense to build up a team before forcing a QB.  

• Like 2

With Brockers career almost over. Flowers should be gone soon if not next year. Okwara mega injury, Julian not really doing much. We have to attack pass rush. Corner is bad too, but I just DO NOT want  cb in the top 10 again...I feel the top 10 is for o line or dline. anything else is a waste. and if you're team is ready you trade up and get the franchise qb. 

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

With Brockers career almost over. Flowers should be gone soon if not next year. Okwara mega injury, Julian not really doing much. We have to attack pass rush. Corner is bad too, but I just DO NOT want  cb in the top 10 again...I feel the top 10 is for o line or dline. anything else is a waste. and if you're team is ready you trade up and get the franchise qb. 

I think forcing positions just to force it is a bad move too.  I dont really want Stingley but he would be in the running.  I think Hamilton would have a huge impact on the D.  Pass rush would for sure help but I don't want to have a position in mind when evaluating players. 

I also don't think Brockers is almost over.  He has a few years left so no need to rush it.  We also just drafted Levi and Alim on the D line so give them time to develop. Leal is the pick I have seen the most in mock drafts for us which I am not overly excited about.  

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That is my top 3 right now too.  I also like Hutchinson, Drake Jackson and Leal.  I know it doesn't happen often but would love to move back and keep adding more picks and get any of those guys.  I know things will change over the next 8 months, but just want to keep going Defense to build up a team before forcing a QB.  

Yeah, I think this is a good draft to trade back in, unless an absolutely dominant monster falls in your lap.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, I think this is a good draft to trade back in, unless an absolutely dominant monster falls in your lap.

The Rams have been successful in adding guys with mid-level picks. I have to imagine that Holmes should be able to hit on a few guys with multiple 1st's including the potential for a trade down from our top 5 pick in order to add even more draft capital. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 6:33 AM, diehardlionfan said:

Everyone always talks trade down but the Lions never seem to be in optimum position. 

Is there really a player teams will give up capital to move up for?

At this point I don’t see it.

Kayvon Thibodeaux is the best player in this draft, IMO. But the Lions should take him. Pass rush is a major need for us. I'd look at WR and possibly QB late first/early second. IMO, Goff is a place holder, but I'm not seeing alot from these QBs at the top of this draft. I'd take BPA and worry about QB as a good one becomes available. Safety has been a major need for years. Would be nice to get something there as well. 

Building blocks (JMO)

Offense:

QB- ???????????????????

RB- D'Andre Swift/Jamaal Williams/Jermar Jefferson (R)

WR-??????????????/???????????????

WR- ????????????????/Quintez Cephus

Slot- Amon-Ra St. Brown (R)

TE- T.J. Hockenson/???????????

LT- Taylor Decker/Penei Sewell (R)

LG- Jonah Jackson/?????????????

C- Frank Ragnow/Evan Brown

RG- ?????????????/??????????????

RT- Penei Sewell (R)/???????????

Defense:

DE- Romeo Okwara/?????????????????????

NT- Alim McNeill (R)/John Penisini

DE- Levi Onwuzurike (R)/???????????????

OLB- Julian Okwara/?????????????

ILB- ????????????????/????????????????????

ILB- Derrick Barnes (R)/Jalen Reeves-Maybin

OLB- Charles Harris/????????????

CB- Jeff Okudah/Ifeatu Melifonwu (R)/A.J. Parker (R)

FS- ???????????????/?????????????????

SS- ???????????????/?????????????????????

CB- Amani Oruwariye/Jerry Jacobs (R)/Bobby Price

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...