Is Ron Rivera washed up?

mar29020

29 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

i swear it seems like every time we sign free agents on defense from other teams they suck. 

Honestly, for the longest time the best players we’ve had in the franchise have been drafted, not signed via FA or traded for. There are a few exceptions in the last 40 years, but generally the best players we have we’ve drafted and developed, and not signed in free agency or traded for.

Edited by turtle28

All the crap I got for not wanting Rivera and trashing the off-season we had lol. Had Alex Smith not dragged this team to the playoffs last year we most likely would’ve won 2-3 games. Rivera sucks and we all know it. Tepper couldn’t wait to get him out of the building. Nice man and great person but he’s a crap coach. Under .500 7 out of 10 years is not someone I would let run my entire franchise but here we are. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 3:22 PM, lavar703 said:

All the crap I got for not wanting Rivera and trashing the off-season we had lol. Had Alex Smith not dragged this team to the playoffs last year we most likely would’ve won 2-3 games. Rivera sucks and we all know it. Tepper couldn’t wait to get him out of the building. Nice man and great person but he’s a crap coach. Under .500 7 out of 10 years is not someone I would let run my entire franchise but here we are. 

I wish we had won only 2 or 3 games last year bc right now we’d have Justin Fields or Mac Jones as our QB of the future but Rivera was even too stubborn to trade up for a franchise QB prospect when they fell in the draft. 

It’s looking really bad right now, like really bad! You and I feel the same about that, it’s hard to see this team getting to even 5 wins.

The only saving grace for Rivera would be WHEN we win less than 5 games that he actually trades up in the draft w/ the Jags to take Matt Corral and then this offense continues forward to build around a possible franchise QB of the future.

If Rivera isn’t able to trade for Watson (if he’s cleared) or isn’t able to sign Rodgers and we still pass on a QB in round 1 or 2 in the 2022 draft to start a journeyman veteran QB, Heinicke or Kyle Allen, you can stick a fork in Rivera bc he’s done!

I don’t think Snyder is going to accept Rivera being complacent with this roster next year, especially at the QB position as he was this past offseason. A big time effort needs to be made to get this team better at the QB position, at linebacker & at FS. If Rivera doesn’t do that and this team is once has double digit losses in 2022 then, I could see Rivera not making it to his 4th year as Washington’s head coach.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I wish we had won only 2 or 3 games last year bc right now we’d have Justin Fields or Mac Jones as our QB of the future but Rivera was even too stubborn to trade up for a franchise QB prospect when they fell in the draft. 

It’s looking really bad right now, like really bad! You and I feel the same about that, it’s hard to see this team getting to even 5 wins.

The only saving grace for Rivera would be WHEN we win less than 5 games that he actually trades up in the draft w/ the Jags to take Matt Corral and then this offense continues forward to build around a possible franchise QB of the future.

If Rivera isn’t able to trade for Watson (if he’s cleared) or isn’t able to sign Rodgers and we still pass on a QB in round 1 in the 2022 draft to start a journeyman veteran QB, Heinicke or Kyle Allen, you can stick a fork in Rivera bc he’s done!

I don’t think Snyder is going to accept Rivera being complacent with this roster next year, especially at the QB position as he was this past offseason. A big time effort needs to be made to get this team better at the QB position, at linebacker & at FS. If Rivera doesn’t do that and this team is once has double digit losses in 2022 then, I could see Rivera not making it to his 4th year as Washington’s head coach.

Well I can tell you know Snyder is not going to accept Fitz or Heinecke being trotted out for the name and uniform reveal during an anniversary season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Well I can tell you know Snyder is not going to accept Fitz or Heinecke being trotted out for the name and uniform reveal during an anniversary season. 

I sure hope not. It was really unacceptable this year w/o drafting a QB, and I felt that way all along and still do.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:11 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Rivera is going nowhere for the remainder of his contract. Anyone suggesting otherwise is either not paying attention or has convinced themselves into being willfully blind.

Rivera is Danny's cover. After all the off-field stuff the last few years, he's the "Good guy cleaning up things on the field, in the locker room and in the Front Office." As long as he does an adequate job in trying to look like he's competent (and is just unlucky), he will serve out the entire 5 years.

Of course with some of the new stuff popping up that might be associated with him (re: his hires that are being investigated), that could change. But absent us going 0-17 for the next two years, this mediocrity is going to continue being on our sidelines.

I completely agree, but let's say they end up 4-13 this season. If he cannot get Ws, the little bit of "fig leafing" that Rivera provides might evaporate.

That said, barring something coming of the drug investigation, he's surviving this season. Another "failed" 2022 season could lead to his termination.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 3:23 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

False. He and John Schneider were hired within weeks of each other. It’s a collaborative approach. Same with Andy Reid with the Chiefs. When we hired Rivera, I explained all of this. Snyder has once again missed the mark 

Also, the Seahawks and Chiefs have a single GM not a pair of poodles.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 4:11 PM, turtle28 said:

YOU AREN'T A TRUE FAN OF THIS TEAM!! HOW COULD YOU WANT THEM TO BUILD FOR THE FUTURE INSTEAD OF CHASING A POINTLESS DIVISION CROWN?!?!

/s

• Like 1