Week 5 Overreactions: The "Has the NFL figured out Patrick Mahomes?" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Davis Mills is an NFL starter.

Ja'Marr Chase is the best WR since Randy Moss

not an overreaction: the Bucs might have the best run defense in NFL history.

Would Chase being the best rookie WR since Moss be an overreaction?

Mahomes isn’t overrated. I think the Chiefs are overhyped. Right now their defense is horrible. I think they went overboard with doing a ton to sure up the OL as an overreaction to what happened in the SB that they didn’t really evaluate their defense to find out just how bad it is. 

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Mahomes has always been a little overrated (he's not this invincible Superman everyone says he is), but KC woukd be JAX bad without him. That defense is an embarrassment.

No team with Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Andy Reid and a gorillion dollars spent on the offensive line could be JAX bad that’s just not giving enough credit to The Jags. The Jags are legendarily bad.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

Joe Burrow won’t survive till his first big contract. The Bengals not getting him an OL is getting him seriously hurt. He suffered a bad knee injury last season and this season he already got a throat contusion. He is constantly being hit and when you are in a division with the TJ Watt and Myles Garrett you better have great protection. I just fear for my guy Burrow but at this rate I think he might not survive his first big contract with the Bengals. He won’t do it but I hope he asks for a trade after next season. I’d give the Bengals FO one more offseason to see if they can put a great OL in front of Burrow. If they don’t if I was Burrow I’d ask to be traded. 

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

No team with Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Andy Reid and a gorillion dollars spent on the offensive line could be JAX bad that’s just not giving enough credit to The Jags. They’re legendarily bad.

If even Mahomes is struggling to keep that team even at .500 with that defense, imagine where'd they be with just an average QB.

12 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Cardinals best team in the NFL

ball hawk defense that gets sack plus their offense 

I think the Bills are the best team. The Cards have a case bc they did beat down on the Titans Week 1 on the road then dominated the Rams Week 4 on the road. However, they should’ve lost to the Vikings Week 2 if the kicker didn’t miss. They trailed the Jags at the half in Week 3. They didn’t look great against a Niners team who started their rookie QB without their best offensive player in Kittle and a depleted backfield. 

The Bills lost to the Steelers Week 1 but they outplayed them and it came down to a blocked punt as the reason the Steelers won. After that the Bills have dominated every team they played including the Chiefs on the road.

15 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Joe Burrow won’t survive till his first big contract. The Bengals not getting him an OL is getting him seriously hurt. He suffered a bad knee injury last season and this season he already got a throat contusion. He is constantly being hit and when you are in a division with the TJ Watt and Myles Garrett you better have great protection. I just fear for my guy Burrow but at this rate I think he might not survive his first big contract with the Bengals. He won’t do it but I hope he asks for a trade after next season. I’d give the Bengals FO one more offseason to see if they can put a great OL in front of Burrow. If they don’t if I was Burrow I’d ask to be traded. 

Don't know much about their OL situation. Hopefully they can shore it up. Would hate to see his career dwindle because of David Carr syndrome.

• Like 2