Who is the biggest disappointment after 8 games?

Purplexing

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm not sure what is going on with Hunter's sack production. Are offenses focusing on him more allowing Griffen to have a breakout season?

Yes. Hunter has been getting a lot of the double teams that many people were expecting Griffen to get. Not really sure their reasoning, considering what Griffen has been doing, but they are more focused on keeping hell on Hunter’s side. 

12 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

If Cook doesn't fumble the ball (injury occurance), Vikings win 7-6 vs Detroit

Pittsburgh, not bothered by that loss as it was an AFC opponent on the road. The lions game was a major letdown since the defense had multiple chances at Ints that would have changed the game. 

17 hours ago, Freakish Mind said:

I'm guessing all the people defending Treadwell are the same people that defended Christian Ponder til the very end.   

I'm not sure there was anyone defending Ponder at the end...there were more people that were defending Tarvaris at his end than Ponder.  But, I'm certainly not counting out Laquon at this point.  Among the 4 WRs taken in the 1st round that year, 1 has constantly been injured (Coleman), 1 has been decent, but not necessarily spectacular (Fuller), 1 has been just as injured as Coleman and as inconsistent as Treadwell (Doctson) and then there's Treadwell.  

For all the people who lavished praise on Sidney Rice when he was with Favre (I'm not one of them, though, since I think he just caught lightning in a bottle), he wasn't all that much more productive in his first 2 years either (Treadwell is 4 receptions away from surpassing Rice's 2nd year total).  

As far as my biggest disappointment...that there aren't enough people coming in here delusional in already proclaiming that they are guaranteeing that the Vikings will be the first team playing the Super Bowl in their home stadium.    

Some interesting replies, mainly on offense.

Some nit-picking of imperfect performances; e.g. Forbath.

I assumed people would consider expectations when replying, and it happened in regard to Treadwell, a first round selection who has performed like a 3rd or 4th round selection to date.

As regards Cook, Bradford, S. Floyd, Brock, all were injured or overcoming injuries, which hindered their performances.  So, raising them as 'disappointments' isn't fair, is it? Perhaps the training staff deserves criticism for allowing Bradford to return too soon?  For the word 'disappointment', I believe fair responses should consider (high) expectations not met due to poor effort by the players (Datone Jones?) or mis-estimation by talent assessors (GM, coaches).  So, I'll also throw in Rick 'Pickumulator' Spielman for recent free agent signings and draft choices before round 6; e.g. Patterson, Treadwell, Clemmings, Beavers.

Yes, it's difficult to criticize decisions / effort on a 6-2 team.  But refusing to do so doesn't help improve a team to reach their ultimate goal.

Archived