Whats wrong with THESE Jets!

Big T

Here is what it all boils down to, the Jets lack the talent on both sides of the ball to be competitive. The once vaunted defense against the run game is not even mediocre.

The LB's who were really over grown S have not panned out. Sherwood was exposed yesterday and Nasirideen is riding the pine. We had to hit the waver wire to pick up Q's brother, and it doesn't mean that either Sherwood or Nasirideen will pan out either!

Blake Cashman is an injury waiting to happen and I would be surprised if he wasn't inactive more than active during his stint in the NFL.

The Jets desperately need LB's.

We have some potential at CB, but the CB's are being exposed as well. So for the early part of the season we got away with smoke and mirrors, but the league has caught on fast to the Jets.

Its not as though the Jets don't have capable weaponry at WR or RB, but as Bill Parcels says "your as good as your record", and I'm afraid that ML is over his head especially when going up against seasoned offensive coordinators. 

The Jets quiet simply have guys who would be backups for the most part playing and getting paid as starters. We have an offensive line made up of 2 number 1 draft picks (over the past 2 years). 

Time to cut bait and finish the job by releasing 3 of them next year and replacing them starting at C, G, and T, then if there is a difference maker at TE we need to draft one. All the TE currently on the Jets perhaps 1 could actually make another roster and that as a backup. Clean house.

WR's Davis and Moore I'm cool with all the rest are backups with the exception of Crowder who has played well when called upon.

RB's? I think in Carter we have a guy who could be special, if only the OL could open up some lanes for the running game. The remainder of the RB's all backup material. 

This is what is wrong with THESE Jets!

The biggest disappointment for me may not have been noticed by many….

After Elijah Moore scored his TD the team rightfully celebrated but IMO way too much. We were still down multiple scores. Just felt like we weren’t bothered we were getting battered we were just happy to score a few points. 

It ended with us failing the two point conversion as players were still on the sideline high-fiving Moore. It was pathetic and showed how small time we are. 

Do you think the Patriots would be celebrating scoring in a game they were down 3 scores and just failed a 2 point conversion???? NO!! 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

After Elijah Moore scored his TD the team rightfully celebrated but IMO way too much

What else are they going to celebrate?  It’s his first career TD, they know there will be little else to get excited over. Take the small victories when they come since they are so few and far between. 

12 hours ago, xrade said:

What else are they going to celebrate?  It’s his first career TD, they know there will be little else to get excited over. Take the small victories when they come since they are so few and far between. 

I could care less it’s his first TD. We were down multiple scores and in the process of failing the 2 point conversion (of which these players weren’t even watching!) they were all celebrating. 

Here's a message to Joe Douglas, FINISH THE JOB! 2022 Draft round"1"draft a pro bowl caliber Guard and starting pro bowl calibre Center....PERIOD! Then draft whoever the heck you want. But give Wilson and the O a chance at making plays. That would make 4 number 1's on the O line. Is it that complicated?

8 minutes ago, Big T said:

Here's a message to Joe Douglas, FINISH THE JOB! 2022 Draft round"1"draft a pro bowl caliber Guard and starting pro bowl calibre Center....PERIOD! Then draft whoever the heck you want. But give Wilson and the O a chance at making plays. That would make 4 number 1's on the O line. Is it that complicated?

It just so happens that the two best offensive lineman in college are Tyler Linderbaum, CENTER from Iowa, & Kenyon Green GUARD from Texas A & M. but somehow we will screw this up to. We must fix the O line before we do anything else.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

It just so happens that the two best offensive lineman in college are Tyler Linderbaum, CENTER from Iowa, & Kenyon Green GUARD from Texas A & M. but somehow we will screw this up to. We must fix the O line before we do anything else.

Evan Neal is better than both of them

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Evan Neal is better than both of them

The two positions we must fix on offensive is center & guard and the two guys i mention would do the job. I you feel Evan Neal is that good lets draft him also. If we drafted three out of the four first four picks in the draft that are O linemen that is fine with me. Tyler Linderbaum, is a center. The last offensive center drafted high in the first round was in 1983 was Dave Rimington of Nebraaska. The bottom line is we must fix the O line or we will go nowhere. How did I forget Nick Mangold, we drafted him & Brick in the first round, and that workot great.

Edited by doumeyer

3 hours ago, Big T said:

He is part of the problem not the answer. We need to sit him for all of next year too and bring in a Vet to run the show. Then in 2023 give him one more shot. This kid is no way near ready to be in the NFL let a lone starting a game. 

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

He is part of the problem not the answer. We need to sit him for all of next year too and bring in a Vet to run the show. Then in 2023 give him one more shot. This kid is no way near ready to be in the NFL let a lone starting a game. 

What you say is true. After WW2 General Marshall, came up with the Marshall plan to rebuild Europe, and by 1952 Europe was up and going again. Here we are in the sixth year of rebuilding a football team and we still suck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

What you say is true. After WW2 General Marshall, came up with the Marshall plan to rebuild Europe, and by 1952 Europe was up and going again. Here we are in the sixth year of rebuilding a football team and we still suck.

The sad part about this is 14 years later the Jets won their only super bowl. We are still looking for another 50 plus years later. 

8 hours ago, Big T said:

draft a pro bowl caliber Guard and starting pro bowl calibre Center....PERIOD!

Agreed, but I can almost guarantee that JD will stick with McGovern at C.  If anything, he may draft a round 3-7 OC as a future replacement.  JD has a thing for McGovern.  A top RG would certainly help and even with McGovern, the line would have few excuses to suck.  At RT, I'd prefer resigning Moses if only to keep continuity.  He isn't playing bad even with that POS lined up next to him.  But if JD lets Moses walk then, yeah, get Neal.  Now that would be a dominating line for a few years.  Becton - AVT - McGovern or ? - Green - Neal.