Whats wrong with THESE Jets!

Big T

J.D. could have possibly have made the deal of the year with LDT for a special teamer TE. Major upgrade at G, look for GVR to be unseated as the starting G and released next year along with more unproductive bench warmers who otherwise would be out of the league. Thats how bad the Jets backups are, that GVR continues to start, amazing.

2 hours ago, Big T said:

J.D. could have possibly have made the deal of the year with LDT for a special teamer TE. Major upgrade at G, look for GVR to be unseated as the starting G and released next year along with more unproductive bench warmers who otherwise would be out of the league. Thats how bad the Jets backups are, that GVR continues to start, amazing.

I agree. This trade is bigger than the average fan knows. He was a starting G for a super bowl team. He has all the skills to be at least average but most likely better than average which is a huge plus for this team for a backup TE. 

You know, I could bash this team if they were a talented team with pro bowl players. If they were a talented team, a contender say like the Titan's or the Brown's who obviously have major talent as compared to the Jets. 

But it is futile to bash these Jets, because it is a team that the majority of the players on it couldn't make another roster in the NFL with the exception of about 15 players. That says a lot. Will I continue to watch the team, yes, but only to monitor the development of this years draft class.

It say's something when 7 rookies are potential starters/starters on your team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, half way through the season and lets assess the current state of affairs with this team knowing that and coming to the realization that it will be years before this team is relevant.

Saleh inherited a bad team, a team void of talent, just as J.D. did. An organization mismanaged over a decade, and it's easy for the likes of Rex Ryan to throw stones seeing as he inherited a team with an elite OL and above average WR's and RB's. 

The Defense wasn't too shabby either. Remember Ryan drafted the Louisville slugger in round one and he sucked Calvin Pryor , just as the DE that he drafted sucked too Quinten Coples. 

Rex shouldn't brag too much on his tenure with the Jets 

So how do the Jets turn it around as fast as possible? Remember that N.E. spent millions on FA, had a decent draft and play within their talent level as "a team" not made up of superstars.

The Dolphins were being talked about last year as turning a corner, they may be marginally better than the Jets and I'm not so sure about that either. 

The Bills offense before the Jets game was being questioned as being one dimensional and underachieving having lost to the Jags.

IMHO if the Jets wind up with 2 of the top 10 picks, one of them being in the top 3 knowing that this draft class is overwhelmingly strong in both the DT/DE and OL

it would be wise to draft down and pick up some additional picks from teams that need a QB or target a particular player they think is a game changer.

So is the defense as bad as the stats show, OR is it a combination as some have pointed out of "hero ball" combined with poor defensive play calling, i.e. predictable coverages?

The Jets desperately need an infusion of talent on both the OL and DL come this years draft and as far as the defense goes IMHO, I don't think that a DE/PR is the answer as much as a multitalented DL in the person of Leal who is perhaps the best DL to come out of college since Aaron Donald.

Can the Jets draft down and still get him? That is where the rub is, who knows.

Hamilton at S while he would be a good pick, wouldn't have the impact a good DT would have in stoping the run or sacking the qb.

OL would be next for me or if possible because its so deep a draft on the OL see if you can draft down and grab some more picks. The Jets need a C but could still Get a good one in round 3.

I think many of the defense's issues as was stated in a recent article was that it was so predictable and it didn't put the defense in the best position to be successful and that falls on the DC. 

There is such a large discrepancy of talent on this team that it would be possible to drop 25 players in the next year easily and bring in some hungry fresh competition.  

3 hours ago, Big T said:

The Jets desperately need an infusion of talent on both the OL and DL come this years draft and as far as the defense goes IMHO, I don't think that a DE/PR is the answer as much as a multitalented DL in the person of Leal who is perhaps the best DL to come out of college since Aaron Donald.

You would get a lot of arguments on that, but iDL may be a need depending on what their plan is with Q.  If they are going to keep him and pay him, they may pass on a high draft pick iDL this year and go for a PR.  Regardless, get an iDL or a pass rushing DE.  A line with a new PR/iDL, Lawson (the real one) and Q should be pretty good.  Then you have JFM, Marshall and Huff rotating in.  Not bad - on paper.

3 hours ago, Big T said:

Hamilton at S while he would be a good pick, wouldn't have the impact a good DT would have in stoping the run or sacking the qb.

What you say is true, but I think Hamilton can have an impact much the same way as Earl Thomas or Ed Reed.  I am so tired of our Safties running after a player rather than helping to stop the completion to begin with.  1 int on the year by our DB's is just sad.

It’s more for me about assessing actually what our problems are. When you’re as bad as us it’s not just a few things. It’s lots of things. So we need to try and acknowledge those things and change them going forward and building the team. For example there’s no way this DL is as bad as they’re playing. That’s a coaching issue not a personal issue IMO. So that needs to be fixed, but not with wasting high em draft picks to do that.

For me the glaring holes are…. LB, S, CB on D and TE, C, RG on offense.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s a coaching issue not a personal issue IMO.

Based on Saleh’s answer about why Hall was not shadowing Diggs; that kind of says it all. He WILL NOT change his scheme for the sake of playing better. If Saleh is right, we should have a good D in a year or two. If wrong, he will be out as coach and its back to square 2. Right now it ain’t looking too good. And with the justified impatience of the media and fan base. It better start working next season. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s more for me about assessing actually what our problems are. When you’re as bad as us it’s not just a few things. It’s lots of things. So we need to try and acknowledge those things and change them going forward and building the team. For example there’s no way this DL is as bad as they’re playing. That’s a coaching issue not a personal issue IMO. So that needs to be fixed, but not with wasting high em draft picks to do that.

For me the glaring holes are…. LB, S, CB on D and TE, C, RG on offense.

You hit the nail on the head....We are desperate for an infusion of talent, which sadly the Jets are lacking. I think the Jets did very good in the 2021 draft and came away with 5 starting caliber players perhaps more with another year of experience. If the Jets D wasn't so bad, I would say G/C/S/TE/S/DL/RB would be my preference. The Jets need to become Elite on both sides of the ball or at the least respectable and currently they are neither. 

But lets be clear, the coaching has been abysmal both by OC/DC predictable is a word that I would use to describe them.

• 3 weeks later...

Losing to Philly isn't an end all, Philly is a better team. We have no running game, we have older players and unproven players and outside of Carter, we have no one else that is a game changer. We have one reliable, 2 reliable WR's in Moore and Crowder. No T.E.'s. Don't even let me begin on our defensive line. Fotukasi and Williams were supposed to be a force to recon with, and although they have the numbers (especially Williams) face it, he's no A. Donald. We have a guy who one week looks like a gang buster, and the next week rip van winkle. 

I had one guy posting on FF who said he will go ballistic if we draft another lineman, Sheppard sucks, Phillips is a back up, Blair is a backup/journeymen as are many of the so called rotational players.

We're desperate for a good safety, and we're so bad a guy like Riley can come in off the practice squad and become a starter. Amazing. 

If Joe Douglas has a single living cell in his gray matter, he would be wise to draft down pick up some more draft capital and still improve the team. What we don't need is back to back 1st rounders and waste the opportunity to add 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders in 2022 and 2023.

The Jets need to use their capitol to capitalize on more draft capitol going into 2022 and 2023.

Damn this team is bad.

I am just about ready to give up on getting FA's, for the last three years all the cap money we had and what we were going to do with it turn out to be another failure. We sign these guys they either get hurt and are out for the season or decided not to play for a year or two.  WE sure didn't get our monies worth after we sign these guys. The FA who are still around are just mediocre players, New England signs one or two a year but those players are productive players. Speaking of New England, who is going stop them from going to the SB again? KC should be able to stop them, but you know BB will find a way to **** them up too.

Edited by doumeyer