Week 6: VIKINGS (2-3) at Panthers (3-2)

swede700

Game 6

When:  1:00 PM EST October 17th

Where: Bank of America Stadium (Charlotte, NC)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Sara Walsh

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2021/06-FOX.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: TE Ben Ellefson (knee), DT Michael Pierce (elbow)

Panthers - Questionable: OG Deonte Brown (knee), CB CJ Henderson (shoulder), Doubtful: None, Out: RB Christian McCaffrey (hamstring), LB Shaq Thompson (foot), LB Kamal Martin (concussion)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700
Injury Report

If we win this one, then things could be interesting.

Carolina is in a slump right now, but if McCaffrey plays, it could be a very long day for our run defense.

I notice that Darnold bails from the pocket as soon as he feels any pressure. Hunter and Griffen will need to play lights out again and force pressure, sacks and incompletions.

Also, DJ Moore is beginning to break out finally. I don't trust Breeland against him at all.

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Carolina is in a slump right now, but if McCaffrey plays, it could be a very long day for our run defense.

I notice that Darnold bails from the pocket as soon as he feels any pressure. Hunter and Griffen will need to play lights out again and force pressure, sacks and incompletions.

Also, DJ Moore is beginning to break out finally. I don't trust Breeland against him at all.

Is Moore an outside receiver or a slot receiver?  I certainly don't watch them often enough (and I don't remember from last year's game), so I have no idea what he plays.  

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Hopefully Dantzler starts

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Is Moore an outside receiver or a slot receiver?  I certainly don't watch them often enough (and I don't remember from last year's game), so I have no idea what he plays.  

He's very versatile so I think he lines up anywhere, but mostly on the outside. Terrace Marshall and Brandon Zylstra (name sound familiar?) come in and play slot/WR3 for them on occasion.

They use Moore on a lot of end-arounds/sweeps too.

If the same Vikings who played 59 minutes and 43 seconds show up against Carolina, then Minnesota will have a very long day on both sides of the ball.  If the Vikings play with the same kind of urgency that they played in the final 37 seconds yesterday for a full 60 minutes, then the game will be close and perhaps winnable. 

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

If the same Vikings who played 59 minutes and 43 seconds show up against Carolina, then Minnesota will have a very long day on both sides of the ball.  If the Vikings play with the same kind of urgency that they played in the final 37 seconds yesterday for a full 60 minutes, then the game will be close and perhaps winnable. 

You mean take Zimmer and the run game out of the equation. Yes. I prefer that approach. Let Cousins and the receivers win this one.

This will be a great barometer game.    First, their defense is rocking it.  So, I'll bet Zimmer pulls out all stops to show his D, the Vikings defense, is every bit as formidible as Carolina's.    I liked the line rotations yesterday, and we saw Griffen, Wonnum, Richardson and Hunter blow up the Lions line, albeit, mostly secpnd stringers.   Will they do the same, causing Darnold to see ghosts?

For the offense, I hope they play as well as they did against the Cards (whose D rivals Carolina's).  It would be smart to pound the rock n control  the clock.   If we can rush for 175 and 2 TDs, i like our chances.    Boring?   Yes, but effective . . . And that's what this team needs.    

If we get into a must-pass to keep pace game, I think Cousins takes some sacks we'd rather avoid.   However, if the Vikes do pass 70% of the time or more and win convincingly . . . That's a major statement.   

Bear in mind the Panthers have beaten the Jets and Texans, as well as a Jekyl n Hyde Saints team.   Their D has been tough, but are they really?  Time to prove otherwise!

• Like 1