Week 6 GDT: Bills @ Titans

TitanLegend

As I said in the Jags GDT, knowing this franchise, we’ll beat the Bills.

Everyone in the national media then jumps on the “Are we sleeping on the Titans?” bandwagon just for us to lose back to back in a close one to the Chiefs and the classic Titans team no show loss to the Colts. 

Definitely the rough part of the season. I’d honestly be surprised if they won 1 out of the next 4 games. They struggle with bad teams and got destroyed by the only good team they’ve faced this year. Defense is trash and they’re playing the #1 scoring offense this week. Even if we somehow get a lot back this week(Julio, Evans, Dupree, Hooker), I still don’t see this game being all that close. Rousseau going to make Quessenberry a turnstile all game. Tannehill better keep his head on a swivel against this defense. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Bud Dupree is going to average 20m/year over the next 4 seasons and Landry really needs to be brought back, but if he ends up with a crazy year we probably can't afford two EDGEs with 20m/year salaries. I think Landry is the better player. Robinson massively overpaid an overrated player for sack production.

i dunno man. landry is stuffing the stat sheet but most of his sacks have been either effort/hustle plays (both yesterday were) or stunts, as opposed to just beating his guy straight up. that counts for something, of course, but he's not the type of pass rusher people really have to devote excess attention to. he's a good piece that it'd suck to lose, but i also don't want to pay him #1 edge money.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i dunno man. landry is stuffing the stat sheet but most of his sacks have been either effort/hustle plays (both yesterday were) or stunts, as opposed to just beating his guy straight up. that counts for something, of course, but he's not the type of pass rusher people really have to devote excess attention to. he's a good piece that it'd suck to lose, but i also don't want to pay him #1 edge money.

I mean we’re paying Dupree #1 edge money to sit on the bench so why not.

27 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

That's why you don't pay for sacks and why Dupree was overpaid. Like turnovers, they can be unpredictable. Pressures are much more consistent and Landry is tied for first in the NFL among EDGE defenders with 30. Even without Dupree, he's getting more sacks this year either just out of luck, or because Autry and Simmons are both doing a lot better job generating more pressure up the middle than we've had in a long time.

A lot of times other guys get sacks because of his pressures. The same way Dupree got sacks because he cleaned up after T.J. Watt's pressures.

Edited by TitanSS