Week 6 GDT: Bills @ Titans

TitanLegend

I find it ridiculous that Spencer Brown(drafted 1 spot behind Monty Rice) who I wanted in the 3rd round is starting at RT for the best team in the league right now but a guy drafted 39 picks ahead of him can’t even see the field despite the OL being absolute trash. Both come from small schools and both missed all of last year. Absolutely pathetic drafting by Robinson 

Edit: Also that contract given to Lamb. Wtf is that? With Swaim being garbage, why aren’t we running more jumbo packages with a swing OT? Might actually help with Radunz development but what the hell do I know. I dogged on Artie at times but he’s 10x the OC Downing will ever be.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What a joke. They draft a kid who is nowhere near ready to contribute and then they want to ruin his development by playing guard. A position he has no business playing. He’ll get absolutely destroyed by interior DL.

For discussion,

Does it matter what position he plays if he ends up a good/average starter?  

I mean Saffold was drafted as an OT originally too and ended up having a great career at OG. Just saying. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

For discussion,

I mean Saffold was drafted as an OT originally too and ended up having a great career at OG. Just saying. 

From a value perspective, OTs come off the board in the draft much sooner than IOL making them more difficult to find, so it matters some in that RT will be harder to replace than LG.

That said, Saffold could be playing his last year here and Davis has been garbage, so I wouldn't be mad if he started at LG forever. We just wouldn't be getting as much value from him. I wish he had reps at C and could take that over.

People are going to be so mad when we draft a RT early next year lol.

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

For discussion,

Well considering we’ve wasted two high draft picks on OTs the past two years and have nothing to show for it, yes it does matter. Plus our RT sucks and I don’t expect Lewan to be on this team after next year(maybe even after this year). Just tired of RT being a problem when it shouldn’t be. 

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

A lot of OL up there considering how bad we've been in pass pro and that one of the two left off is a multiple pro bowler.

Is it possible that Davis is so bad he's making them all look bad?

PFF really sucks when it comes to grading OL. No way anyone can say that Quessenberry is the 6th highest graded RT(or is OT overall)? Davis has sucked but he’s definitely not the only reason they’ve given up over 20 sacks already.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

PFF really sucks when it comes to grading OL. No way anyone can say that Quessenberry is the 6th highest graded RT(or is OT overall)? Davis has sucked but he’s definitely not the only reason they’ve given up over 20 sacks already.

Outside of one game, which they graded him really poorly for, I haven't really noticed him being that bad. It's counting run-blocking too, so he may do well in run-blocking and just get a lot of help in pass-blocking situations. Also helps when it's a lot of PA passes.

I definitely don't think he's near the top of pass-blocking RTs, but we've always done a lot to hide our RTs. Even last year with two backups. It's just when we are in obvious passing situations and the EDGEs can just tee off that it's really obvious that we're not good there.