Week 6 GDT: Bills @ Titans

TitanLegend

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

And you can’t tell me the Cowboys and Ravens have that much more talent than the Titans do. Ravens plug and play street FAs in their front 7 and they make plays. That’s because of their scheme. Does anybody really think the Ravens have more talent in their front 7? I’ll give them the edge at ILB but even Queen and Harrison have been mediocre. Landry and Dupree are better than any pass-rusher they have. Simmons & Autry vs. Campbell & Williams… Is that Ravens duo that much better let alone that much better? Probably against the run but Simmons and Autry should be way better rushing the passer.  Cowboys have been one of the worst defenses the past few years and look now. Dan Quinn comes in and changes everything. We’re never going to have a good defense with dumb and dumber coaching it. Neither one of them have never coached a successful defense. And unless Vrabel puts his ego to the side, this team with never have the defensive unit to win a super bowl regardless of talent. I’m not high on Schwartz but I can guarantee if he was given full control as DC back in February and put his system in place, we’d be a hell of a lot better than we are now and wouldn’t of lost to the fricken Jets. Still hoping Zimmer gets fired and Vrabel wises up and we go after him.

Ya when I see the Ravens it’s not like Arizona where they have all these big name guys like Watt Jones and that group 

But the Ravens have a system

They know how they want to run it 

They draft and sign guys that fit what they want to do 

Titans have a great group of guys 

But like I said about Bowen/Vrabel a few weeks ago there’s just nothing flashy about how they call a game 

It’s just so basic to me 

I just don’t feel like I see the Titans Defense move the way I see other defenses fly all over the place 

Evans flys all over the place but the problem is when he does it he has no idea where he is going or what he’s suppose to do lol 

Im trying to to describe it better but the simplest way to describe it is it’s just different watching other teams compared to the Titans 

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya when I see the Ravens it’s not like Arizona where they have all these big name guys like Watt Jones and that group 

But the Ravens have a system

They know how they want to run it 

They draft and sign guys that fit what they want to do 

Titans have a great group of guys 

But like I said about Bowen/Vrabel a few weeks ago there’s just nothing flashy about how they call a game 

It’s just so basic to me 

I just don’t feel like I see the Titans Defense move the way I see other defenses fly all over the place 

Evans flys all over the place but the problem is when he does it he has no idea where he is going or what he’s suppose to do lol 

Im trying to to describe it better but the simplest way to describe it is it’s just different watching other teams compared to the Titans 

I’ve seen former players describe it as too difficult. Like there’s too much going on with the whole front multiplicity bs and lord only knows on the backend. The defense isn’t even starting rookies. The vets are even having trouble in it. Guys are thinking too much instead of just playing. They’re doing a better job with Byard this year but there still looks to be communication issues especially in the secondary. We had a less talented defense under Pees and he them playing solid ball. He created pressure with ILB and secondary blitzes because we didn’t have much talent at edge. Logan Ryan had 8.5 sacks in 2 years from the CB position. Do we even do CB blitzes anymore. Does anybody have the amount of times we blitz overall? Just feels like we don’t blitz much and when we do, it’s not effective.

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’ve seen former players describe it as too difficult. Like there’s too much going on with the whole front multiplicity bs and lord only knows on the backend. The defense isn’t even starting rookies. The vets are even having trouble in it. Guys are thinking too much instead of just playing. They’re doing a better job with Byard this year but there still looks to be communication issues especially in the secondary. We had a less talented defense under Pees and he them playing solid ball. He created pressure with ILB and secondary blitzes because we didn’t have much talent at edge. Logan Ryan had 8.5 sacks in 2 years from the CB position. Do we even do CB blitzes anymore. Does anybody have the amount of times we blitz overall? Just feels like we don’t blitz much and when we do, it’s not effective.

Ya I definitely don’t feel we blitz much 

I could be wrong the only time I remember seeing an executed stunt was the one time we got to Wilson in the Jets game on the Landry sack 

I do know they are moving Autry around 

But I also feel if 3 guys are blocking Jeffrey Simmons there should be a more creative way to get to the QB if he’s eating up 3 blockers 

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya I definitely don’t feel we blitz much 

I could be wrong the only time I remember seeing an executed stunt was the one time we got to Wilson in the Jets game on the Landry sack 

I do know they are moving Autry around 

But I also feel if 3 guys are blocking Jeffrey Simmons there should be a more creative way to get to the QB if he’s eating up 3 blockers 

Yea they need to blitz more overall. Williamson was very good as a blitzing ILB so I’m hoping they use him more for that although I hope he’s not on the field much on passing downs.

Well I had the Titans going 11-6 this season..   and Indy 9-8.  So far the only game that hasn't gone to expectations for me is the jets loss...  so now we are down to 10-7 ..   indy still on pace in my mind to go 9-8.  So  a key game is at Indy in two weeks.  I have us loosing that game as well but a win would flip the script a lot.  I didn't see us coming close to winning tonight.  Still stranger things have happened.