Week 6 GDT: Bills @ Titans

TitanLegend

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Excuses or whatever to call it. But again to say the city or fans don't care about the team is wrong.  

Are we some crazy home advantage like we were no.  

Can't say the team is stuck in mediocrity. Team has a bad game day experience and then blame locals for not consistently showing up. 

Win some convincing games. Play excicing football. 

And it's totally ignoring the plenty of games where the crowd was hype and there. Like the Cardinals game. 

Bills go to every single stadium and they do it here and all the sudden the locals and city sucks. 

Nah. 

except it's not "all the sudden," it's a consistent pattern that has been present for years

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I blame everyone really. The team being terrible right as the first generation of local kids were growing up hurt I’m sure. The franchise never seemed to have a local impact when I went in the past (and I’ll be there again in November).

My main concern is that I’m not actually sure the city can support an NFL team. There’s great fans there. Obviously. But not enough, that’s my concern.

And maybe it’s tough for me since I’m from GB, which has arguably the highest percentage of local support of any pro sports franchise. But If the team is drawing record local ratings while the stadium is overrun by out of town fans, that’s just not a great trade.

I think the NFL draft showed that city loves the NFL.  It also showed that people want to come to this city. Covid had a hand in it, but there hasn't been a draft like the one that was here. That was bananas. 
Unless we win a couple super bowls in a row and have some long success, I don't see it being able to stage off "takeovers.'

But NFL will continue to be here and do well because people want to watch football in this city. Whether they are Titans fans or fans of another team.

The city is invested in the NFL and Titans.  Titans are planning a major upgrade to their stadium soon. City generates a lot of money from the NFL and Titans and will continue to support them because of it.

It's not a situation where empty stadium, no merchandise no ratings. 

• Like 1

If the team keeps winning it'll be fine. It's not like they're not selling tickets when the opposing team doesn't travel. It was the best it had been in however long to open the season.

It could be a lot better, but I don't think it's that big of an issue.

Fans are assuming the team that lost to the worst team in the NFL two weeks ago is going to get slapped by the Bills on Monday night. Don't blame them for not wanting to sit through it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

except it's not "all the sudden," it's a consistent pattern that has been present for years

And I say all the sudden meaning every time a team with a large fan base comes into town. Dating back years. 
It's wasn't a story when we played the Cardinals. Wasn't a story when we played to Colts for the win and in.

Not the story when we play the Texans, Jags.etc.  
It's being painted like every week we are being over run by fans of other teams.  

I know i'm rambling, but I'm passionate about the subject. 

Anyway, I'm gonna let that rest. 
Football is about to be played and I'm here for that!  :) 

4 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Why would we not have Sargent active knowing McNichols has been hurt all week.. the decision making on this team is terrible lol

seriously, i don't know if there's a team that manages their gameday roster more stupidly than we do.

Farley got CB2 reps when Fulton went down last week. I was hoping that would continue.

Let's hope he plays amazing and when Fulton comes back he's fighting Jenkins to get back in the lineup.

He looked like he was still behind mentally quite a bit in the preseason.