Week 6 GDT: Bills @ Titans

TitanLegend

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

So awesome that they have the fan culture that they do 

Yeah. Can't. Be mad.  For most part they seem to be cool. Not arrogant. 

But they gonna have a nice showing in our stadium. Like they do most places. 

Hopefully we send them home with a L and thank them for pumping money into the local economy. Lol 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

they  coming as usual. 

So don't wet y'all self with the amount of them in the stands Monday lol. That always seems to be a story to people like PK. 

I mean, it should be a story that arguably the fastest growing city in the US can’t provide a team looking for its sixth straight winning season a home field advantage. It’s always particularly embarrassing in prime time.

Just because we’re all used to it at this point doesn’t mean it’s not a story.

• Like 1

I wonder if they submitted the Simmons late hit to the league for review. Lawrence had his foot still in bounds and is trying to right rope the side line and is hit out by a big guy and flagged.

Would be curious if they had an explanation for penalizing players for playing football.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, it should be a story that arguably the fastest growing city in the US can’t provide a team looking for its sixth straight winning season a home field advantage. It’s always particularly embarrassing in prime time.

But but but we get really loud for the WHOOO WHOOO WHOOO ever first down 

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. Can't. Be mad.  For most part they seem to be cool. Not arrogant. 

But they gonna have a nice showing in our stadium. Like they do most places. 

Hopefully we send them home with a L and thank them for pumping money into the local economy. Lol 

I am from upstate NY and they are such great fans. Not arrogant. Not annoying. And always ride or die. Even in the toughest of weather. They are FANS in every sense of the word. They have been through the darkest of times. 4 straight losing trips to the super bowl. Losing to us on the music city miracle. If you stayed a fan through all that you deserve a super bowl. 

LETS GET THIS WIN THO! 

Bring that energy Nash Vegas! 

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I think its also fair to understand the changes to the city.  We aren't a city that has generational fans. We aren't a city where people don't leave or move away. We are a city that gets fans from all over the place. Most adopt the Titans as their 2nd team or so since its the home squad.

But when the original fans either sold their seats because living in the city is so expensive now things like other fans coming in is bound to happen.  
My point was that if you turn on the TV to any stadium that isn't the Steelers, Packers, etc. You are bound to see a "takeover" of other teams fans. With some exceptions. 

It would be more a story if it only happens here. 

I guess as a local it hits me different. Makes it sound like the homegrown fans of the city are fickle or something. When that's not the truth. 

As we said, this team may have had winning seasons but also manages to crap the bed when the spotlight is on, leading to a very uneasy feeling going to a game. 

Yes it could be better, but also the team could perform more consistently to earn that right. 
People showed up to old Adelphia religiously because they knew there were going to get a good hard fought game and likely a win. 
With these guys you might get a win or you will get an terrible and embarrassing loss. With those odds, sometimes you just sell your seat and watch at home. 

Excuse my ramble...lol 
But my point again is, that it's not just here where Bills fans, Raiders etc, show up in droves. 
Winning season or not, it will continue to happen just based on the make up of the city now. 

• Like 1

Good points KT. I will say, our fans do very well in opposing stadiums. Jets game a few weeks ago was loaded with Titan fans. The playoff game a few years ago at the Ravens had a strong presence of Titan fans. Was it a takeover? No, but for a team that’s never won a super bowl and had limited success for most of its time in existence, I’d say it does pretty well. Nashville is a destination city now which wasn’t the case 20 years ago. People flock there every year especially fans of teams from dumps like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. Walking downtown these days you can tell the city is made up of transplants. I got questioned for being a Titans fans one of the first times I ever went there at one of the downtown bars. I had to ask myself “I am in Nashville, TN right?” Just the way it is. 

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Good points KT. I will say, our fans do very well in opposing stadiums. Jets game a few weeks ago was loaded with Titan fans. The playoff game a few years ago at the Ravens had a strong presence of Titan fans. Was it a takeover? No, but for a team that’s never won a super bowl and had limited success for most of its time in existence, I’d say it does pretty well. Nashville is a destination city now which wasn’t the case 20 years ago. People flock there every year especially fans of teams from dumps like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. Walking downtown these days you can tell the city is made up of transplants. I got questioned for being a Titans fans one of the first times I ever went there at one of the downtown bars. I had to ask myself “I am in Nashville, TN right?” Just the way it is. 

Damn someone straight questioned if you were a fan? Lol. Who does that to a random in public.

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Damn someone straight questioned if you were a fan? Lol. Who does that to a random in public.

A city with a infant history in the league.lol Where people who are 35 and up were big fans of teams like the Steelers or whoever came on TV every week. 

My coworker is a Vikings fan. Never been to the city but saw them on TV enough to love them. 

A whole couple of generations of kids that missed the super bowl days of Fisher. They grew up with Jake Locker, Vince Young and Mariota as their QB and numerous sub 8 win teams. 

Not exactly something to latch onto. Especially when your father's and mother's only became fans after the move. 

Unlike a team like say the  Saints or even the Bucs that has at least 40 years of History even it was terrible. Generations and they aren't exactly a takeover type fan base.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

A city with a infant history in the league.lol Where people who are 35 and up were big fans of teams like the Steelers or whoever came on TV every week. 

My coworker is a Vikings fan. Never been to the city but saw them on TV enough to love them. 

A whole couple of generations of kids that missed the super bowl days of Fisher. They grew up with Jake Locker, Vince Young and Mariota as their QB and numerous sub 8 win teams. 

Not exactly something to latch onto. Especially when your father's and mother's only became fans after the move. 

Unlike a team like say the  Saints or even the Bucs that has at least 40 years of History even it was terrible. Generations and they aren't exactly a takeover type fan base.

Makes sense. Yea I guess I wouldn’t know. I still have to make it to Nashville, was hoping to go this year. Nashville seems like a city that would have really embraced an nfl team. They seem to really have embraced the Preds. I grew up in NY and people have always been so confused why the hell I would like the Titans. Never had parents who were super into football. It all just goes back to McNair for me. I now live in Austin and I now see more Titans fans than ever because of the Oilers. It’s cool to see fellow fans. Hopefully we can sustain some greatness on this run and push our younger fan base. Iconic players like Henry and AJ should help.

• Like 1