TNF GDT: Bucs @ Eagles: Do Birds eat GOATs?

AZ_Eaglesfan

58 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I see things like this and it makes me wonder what happens if Gainwell continues on this path and shows he's clearly the number 1 back out of this draft where does that leave us with Miles Sanders who we spent a 2nd on? I'd love to keep both but this is a position we don't necessarily need to pay long term players for because of the nature of turnover at that spot and i'm pretty sure Miles Sanders can fetch a pretty penny for RB contracts nowadays. 

4 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

TBH I'm going to be pissed if we don't trade Miles before the deadline. 

At this point I think Miles should be the one demanding the trade and I wouldn’t blame him in the least. It’s embarrassing how little we’ve used him whether it was Doug or now Nick. He may have his struggles as a pass catcher, but as a runner he can break big gains. We saw even when he got 2 carries against Dallas one of them went for like 20 something yards.

I do like what I’ve seen from Gainwell and it makes it easier to go through with the trade, but I don’t necessarily want to trade Sanders because he’s been amazing or anything. We obviously just aren’t gonna get the value out of the last year and a half of Sanders and we aren’t gonna sign him to a new big deal so might as well cut ties now if you get back a day 2 pick.

• Like 1