TNF GDT: Bucs @ Eagles: Do Birds eat GOATs?

AZ_Eaglesfan

While it's nice to of possibly found a hidden gem in Gainwell can we pumped the breaks please as though he'll be anything more then what he truly is. Which is not a every down RB.

He is the Eagles version of Nyhiem Hines while Sirianni was in Indy and what Austin Ekler was while in SD. Nothing more. What's sad is that Nick can somehow carve out a specific roll for Gainwell but apparently is to stupid to actually utilize the better all around RB in Miles Sanders properly?

That's beyond frustrating because Sanders could if used properly easily have a Zeke, Henry, CMC type impact for this Offense. Not saying he's on that level but if used properly he could put up 100+ totals yds most every week IMO.

Instead he's barely getting 10 touches a week. 👌

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While it's nice to of possibly found a hidden gem in Gainwell can we pumped the breaks please as though he'll be anything more then what he truly is. Which is not a every down RB.

He is the Eagles version of Nyhiem Hines while Sirianni was in Indy and what Austin Ekler was while in SD. Nothing more.

How can you speak in such certainties? What else have you seen from the future? Remember when Westbrook was just a third down back?

1 hour ago, ianlewis16 said:

How can you speak in such certainties? What else have you seen from the future? Remember when Westbrook was just a third down back?

It’s kind of funny he mentions Ekeler. I got no problems with that. Give me an Ekeler type production guy. 

He actually projects very favorable to Westbrook. Guys like that are always going to need a complimentary back but so what? That’s the way of the league now anyway. There’s only like 4 backs that take 80% of the snaps. 

In no way am I done with Sanders. I think it’s more coaching than anything but there’s something to be said in being trusted with the passing game. If the coaches can’t have him out there, he becomes predictable. And he’s not worth resigning if that’s the case. Roll with Gainwell who I’m very excited about and get a complimentary piece in here. Sanders is actually a decent compliment but I doubt he sees himself in that manner. 

I've been posting here twice a year for the past decade but always shadow lurking. Anyways, I am pretty excited for this game. Jalen Hurts is so intriguing and entertaining, our play calling is all over the place though. I'm sure we are gonna lose this one and win the next 2 but would not be surprised if we win a close one. Go Birds!!!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

A fun tidbit for those of you who gamble - TB12 is on a 10 game losing stream against the spread on primetime.

This is dangerous. This is the exact type of thing that is supposed to sucker people in for "easy money" and then get smacked down