Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I could see Vegas being a very attractive destination for execs. An Owner who isn't afraid to spend big, brand new state of the art stadium, hot weather, no state tax, historical brand, etc.

It all starts from the top and we NEED to nail the GM/HC duo. 

lol, considering how this whole fiasco has reinforced what a mickey mouse organization the Raiders are from top to bottom I'd say there are a lot of things that need sorting out before that is true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

lol, considering how this whole fiasco has reinforced what a mickey mouse organization the Raiders are from top to bottom I'd say there are a lot of things that need sorting out before that is true.

I mean, the next coach just doesn't have to be racist, sexist, and homophobic and he should be okay.

• Like 2

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

What?

In short, it is clear they are not a well run organization on the football side of things starting with the owner and I don’t think that will make them attractive to potential coaches/executives for a while. Hiring someone like Gruden to an absurd 10 year deal with nothing to show for it(even apart from what happened today) reinforces that.

Just now, DigInBoys said:

In short, it is clear they are not a well run organization on the football side of things starting with the owner and I don’t think that will make them attractive to potential coaches/executives for a while. Hiring someone like Gruden to an absurd 10 year deal with nothing to show for it(even apart from what happened today) reinforces that.

If an employer had very recent history of paying top dollar to someone in the same field as you, you'd take that as a negative when thinking of applying? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DigInBoys said:

why would them signing a coach to a 10 year $100 million contract make a potential coach/exec hire go "eww, no, I don't want any part of that"

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If an employer had very recent history of paying top dollar to someone in the same field as you, you'd take that as a negative when thinking of applying? 

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

why would them signing a coach to a 10 year $100 million contract make a potential coach/exec hire go "eww, no, I don't want any part of that"

It shows that the organization has no sense of how to...build an organization.

You sign someone who hasn't coached in the NFL for years to a deal like that, who has led the team nowhere since then, while you've got a steroid scandal with the trainer, on top of an organization that hasn't done anything in 20 years and it's going to make any desirable executive or coach think to themselves "do I really want to get myself into this situation".

remember when the raiders made javon walker the highest paid WR in the nfl or something like that? do you think that made the raiders QBed by Jamarcus an attractive landing spot for other WRs?

i think Davis needs to hire a president of football ops to be the guy making organizational decisions. davis hired gruden out of emotion. he basically said so himself. have a president of football ops, and have him decide whether he wants to keep mayock or not (hint, he shouldnt), and then have the new gm bring in a coach.

this iteration of the raiders was running on fumes, and won 3 games with Carr playing like a borderline super hero with no run game and no pass protection. i like Carr more than most here but he's not at that caliber of player who can carry crap for a regular basis.

Edited by Turnobili

6 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

It shows that the organization has no sense of how to...build an organization.

You sign someone who hasn't coached in the NFL for years to a deal like that, who has led the team nowhere since then, while you've got a steroid scandal with the trainer, on top of an organization that hasn't done anything in 20 years and it's going to make any desirable executive or coach think to themselves "do I really want to get myself into this situation".

I think your divisional bias is showing. I doubt any reasonable coach is going to look at an organization giving a long-term $100 million contract to the prior coach as a negative thing. The Raiders were a far, far more dysfunctional franchise from 2003 through 2009ish and they still garnered interest then and since from coaches and executives. 

25 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders went back to Jack Del Rio, and retained Greg Olsen (Del Rio's OC at one point) and Gus Bradley (runs same scheme as Ken Norton Jr who was Del Rio's DC). Would be the most stablizing hire to continue Carr's run. Del Rio had our culture headed in the right direction before and the Raiders are loyal as anyone (Gruden twice, Art Shell twice, etc. Once a Raider Always a Raider). These name drops like Joe Brady and whatever college guy that control an entire program will have a lot of competition. JDR would fit right in and be fine, but obviously not extremely exciting. I would dump Cable for Mike Tice back though at OL Coach if he'd come back outta retirement.

Oh you lol

Hey wait a minute ......

XnObDzR.png

AjqNzsv.png

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This season is pretty damn screwed now, but it was 100% for the best. Let's just have fun and see who plays hard for a roster spot next year. It'll be interesting seeing what we do with Carr now especially. 

Maybe Teddy will be available in the offseason.  :D