Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

There always will be. 

There are a lot more people who can do Gruden's job in broadcasting (and do it well) than there are people who could do what Michael Vick could do. People can feel however they want about it, but I think it's very much true. 

Networks want good optics and numbers.  Right now Gruden's not going to provide either. If that changes, I think that will be quite a bit away

Jimmy the Greek fell off the face of the earth.  I'd say Gruden is done too.

• Like 1

Honestly, right now would be a good move to hire Bowles in the offseason. The offense has potential talent wise, but defensively they need a overhaul. They have tried to draft/develop top talent guys who just haven't worked out and that's on the staff. Bowles could really change this.  I think the Raiders roster is a 8-9 win team and with the right coach they could be set for a perennial playoff team.

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

I'm the most anti-woke conservative you will ever meet, but you have to be a brain dead moron to use that kind of language in a WORK EMAIL.

I don't care what he wrote. Thinking like that is the issue. The absolute worst people I have ever met in my life express views like that. The Las Vegas sports betting community was flooded with that type of simplistic angry male 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its crazy that Nagy is 30-22 with 2 playoff appearances, has never had a losing record, and people still hate him...

on merit.

Whatever good will he had left he spent on Andy Dalton. 🤣

Because Bears fan can't separate him as a HC and OC. We all hate him as OC because his play-calling is trash (even if it has been limited by lack of talent at the QB position) but me personally I still like him as a HC but I've alone on this.

Just now, squire12 said:

interesting comparison.   very different times while being much less opportunity in networks and avenues/options

Yep.  Different eras, but both were huge names in broadcasting.  It figures that if the Greek was blackballed way back then (was that back in the 80's?), Gruden is definitely gone in this era.

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There's more than half a million e-mails from a team named "Redskins". This is a matter of statistics tbh. The WFT is gonna get the hammer dropped.

And this all started with investigation on the piss poor work environment that the WFT provided along with the nasty things they did to the cheerleaders? From what I remember the person investigating it didn’t provide anything during the investigation like her summary on it was 0 pages long or something like that. (Like what she was finding out was that bad she didn’t even comment on it) I’m just going off memory here and it’s been awhile since I read the article/ and am far from an expert on this stuff 

can’t imagine what in all of those 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man the sad thing is our FF forum could have 100% constructed a better roster than Grudock. Or at least better drafts.

@BayRaider let's do this thing.

not so fast. we have to vet you guys first.

need to look back at the Ferrell/Jacobs/Abram/Arnette/Leatherwood/Muse/Bowden draft pick threads, or the Andre James/Kenyan Drake/etc FA signing threads and dq anybody who tried to spin those as good

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

And this all started with investigation on the piss poor work environment that the WFT provided along with the nasty things they did to the cheerleaders? From what I remember the person investigating it didn’t provide anything during the investigation like her summary on it was 0 pages long or something like that. (Like what she was finding out was that bad she didn’t even comment on it) I’m just going off memory here and it’s been awhile since I read the article/ and am far from an expert on this stuff 

can’t imagine what in all of those 

Yep, and the DEA raided the offices earlier this week to go after a trainer too. Presumably, that's a steroid ring bust. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yep.  Different eras, but both were huge names in broadcasting.  It figures that if the Greek was blackballed way back then (was that back in the 80's?), Gruden is definitely gone in this era.

back then, the NFL was on 3 networks (ABC, NBC, CBS).  ESPN and FOX had not cracked into the NFL market for broadcasting.  Much easier to stonewall someone when fewer opportunities/options exist