Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep, and the DEA raided the offices earlier this week to go after a trainer too. Presumably, that's a steroid ring bust. 

While we are in the news for that as well, that doesn’t go with the previous regime.  Rivera brought Vermillion with him from Carolina, and apparently knew about the investigation earlier this summer but didn’t do anything.  

I am guessing steroid ring bust, but I’ve also heard prescription drug fraud.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep, and the DEA raided the offices earlier this week to go after a trainer too. Presumably, that's a steroid ring bust. 

The future is very interesting then for the WFT 

If the NFL wants to stick to its image that it’s trying to create than they gotta get rid of Snyder even if they don’t like getting rid of their own 

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

While we are in the news for that as well, that doesn’t go with the previous regime.  Rivera brought Vermillion with him from Carolina, and apparently knew about the investigation earlier this summer but didn’t do anything.  

Yeah given that the only e-mails leaked are Gruden to a non-NFL employee, that points to the NFL leaking stuff instead of law enforcement.

Either prescription drug fraud or a steroid ring is gonna be a massive scandal. That means WFT was getting players high to play through pain, or roiding them up. Both possible outcomes here are major issues that will unite the NFL, NFLPA, and general public. Which is a problem. And obviously that trainer is completely screwed.

• Like 5

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah given that the only e-mails leaked are Gruden to a non-NFL employee, that points to the NFL leaking stuff instead of law enforcement.

Either prescription drug fraud or a steroid ring is gonna be a massive scandal. That means WFT was getting players high to play through pain, or roiding them up. Both possible outcomes here are major issues that will unite the NFL, NFLPA, and general public. Which is a problem. And obviously that trainer is completely screwed.

They are saying it’s not team/football related though……….it’s gonna be interesting if it is.  Given the history with Trent Williams back to the previous regime and Inova Health (who are still the healthcare/doctors for the team) it is definitely going to make waves.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They are saying it’s not team/football related though……….it’s gonna be interesting if it is.  Given the history with Trent Williams back to the previous regime and Inova Health (who are still the healthcare/doctors for the team) it is definitely going to make waves.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its crazy that Nagy is 30-22 with 2 playoff appearances, has never had a losing record, and people still hate him...

on merit.

He's not a terrible coach, but he is a bad coach, with serious downside.

18 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Must be making room for Deshaun Watson 

i-see-what-you-did-there-jenna-coleman.g

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Jimmy the Greek fell off the face of the earth.  I'd say Gruden is done too.

HappygoluckyAcidicAmericanmarten-max-1mb

13 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Because Bears fan can't separate him as a HC and OC. We all hate him as OC because his play-calling is trash (even if it has been limited by lack of talent at the QB position) but me personally I still like him as a HC but I've alone on this.

He did the dumbest thing I've ever seen a head coach do. He did the most despicable thing I've ever seen a head coach do (as far as treating his players goes). 

But...whatever. No reason to derail this thread and make it about Nagy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

The future is very interesting then for the WFT 

If the NFL wants to stick to its image that it’s trying to create than they gotta get rid off Snyder even if they don’t like getting rid of their own 

Feels like there would be a few options of individuals or groups that would be able to pull together the cash to make a sale work for WFT.  tack on a little "entry fee" and it would be  nice way for the other owners to make another few million.  

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Despite what the conventional wisdom might say, the latter would be worse for the NFL. With a steroid ring, they could point to demand on the part of the players and claim that they're rooting out cheating by suspending a handful of high-profile users the same way baseball did.

If it's Rx drugs, then that points to something that's been a PR nightmare for the league in the past (i.e. lack of concern for player health/safety), and would likely trigger additional layers of litigation by players against the league and coaching/training staffs.

FWIW, from what I've heard it's the latter.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

interesting to consider the WFT team defense performance from 2020 to 2021

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He did the dumbest thing I've ever seen a head coach do. He did the most despicable thing I've ever seen a head coach do (as far as treating his players goes). 

I must be out of the loop. What exactly did Nagy do to his player(s) that was so despicable?

20 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

not so fast. we have to vet you guys first.

need to look back at the Ferrell/Jacobs/Abram/Arnette/Leatherwood/Muse/Bowden draft pick threads, or the Andre James/Kenyan Drake/etc FA signing threads and dq anybody who tried to spin those as good

I'm naturally optimistic, so just put me in front of a camera and Raider Nation would be inspired day one baby.