Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

"He who holds the gold make the rules".

Snyder is essentially untouchable. Pretty hard to get a billionaire NFL owner axed. 

And he's more competent and loves being an owner more than Donald sterling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DigInBoys said:

It shows that the organization has no sense of how to...build an organization.

You sign someone who hasn't coached in the NFL for years to a deal like that, who has led the team nowhere since then, while you've got a steroid scandal with the trainer, on top of an organization that hasn't done anything in 20 years and it's going to make any desirable executive or coach think to themselves "do I really want to get myself into this situation".

There really isn't any logic behind these  posts. 

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Jerry Richardson

That's true. He did step down. He was 80 plus years old though. I do wonder if sticking around through that mess just wasn't worth it at this point, and he just got out of Dodge. If there was a paper trail like that leading to Snyder, dude would probably fight tooth and nail to stick around. And he has deeper pockets than Richardson. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's a blessing in disguise IMO. Gruden was not taking this team anywhere anyhow.

I still can't believe this clown got a 10-year contract, and that has nothing to do with this ordeal either. I said before it and I'll say it again...most old coaches have a hard time adapting to the present time and Gruden was one of them.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Cancel culture wins again.

Look. I'm not on social media, and I'm far too old to understand how this "cancel culture" works, but I did watch this "cancel culture" try to destroy Eminem and it backfired.

So how about we blame Gruden's own actions instead of "cancel culture."

• Like 9

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Look. I'm not on social media, and I'm far too old to understand how this "cancel culture" works, but I did watch this "cancel culture" try to destroy Eminem and it backfired.

So how about we blame Gruden's own actions instead of "cancel culture."

Because one person is Eminem and the other is Jon Gruden…

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Because one person is Eminem and the other is Jon Gruden…

I didn't ask a question, so I don't understand why you answered it like I did. But whatever.

I don't think you got my point. My point is that Gruden's own actions got him fired....not "cancel culture".

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

So who is the best young/established (pick one) offensive mind rn? Joe Brady? Daboll? Kellen Moore?

Earlier in this thread I suggested Bowles. I know he isn't an offensive mind but I think he would do wonders for the Raiders biggest flaw (defense).