Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think this is a topic we're supposed to stay away from, so I'll just say yes and leave it there. 🙂

You keep up posts like this and they're going to make you a mod.  Don't think @RamRodwon't give up the headache in a hurry.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just find it hilarious that the NYT played Jon Gruden so well with this story. They leaked a little tease of an email, then Gruden gets up there and says "I don't have an ounce of racism in me", and then immediately they call BS and release the horde of emails showing him disparaging every single minority group that exists, and not just 10 years ago, but over a span of 7 years.

They learned this technique from The Professor and Rio.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Are there odds on Bill O'Brien? I don't know why, but he seems like the type of guy who is milquetoast enough off the field to counter the issues brought on by this revelation - while having enough of a fluffed up resume (with all of those phyrric AFCS division titles to lay claim to).

If the odds are good enough, I'll drop a hundy on it.

While I would truly love to see this happen, you're not considering one potential outlier, ET. The Raiders are in Vegas now and Vegas has been the undoing of many a milquetoast man.  And do we really know (or want to know) what BOB on an out-and-out bender can/would do?

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I got Jim Harbaugh if he wants out of Michigan. Raider ties. Successful NFL resumé and would still give that pop they want for Vegas. 

Harbaugh is another name I could absolutely see.

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just find it hilarious that the NYT played Jon Gruden so well with this story. They leaked a little tease of an email, then Gruden gets up there and says "I don't have an ounce of racism in me", and then immediately they call BS and release the horde of emails showing him disparaging every single minority group that exists, and not just 10 years ago, but over a span of 7 years.

For all the smack talk about 'the media', journalism has gotten way better at dealing with habitual liars recently.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

For all the smack talk about 'the media', journalism has gotten way better at dealing with habitual liars recently.

Per @AFlaccoSeagulls point, the media equivalent of "checking" while they're sitting on a huge hand, and then trapping their opponent into betting big, is truly an underrated tactic.

I mean, it's absolutely 100% the way to go as a parent in so many instances, and super effective as opposed to other routes...and I'm here for it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

His 15 glasses of milk a day render him impervious to such things

Jim Harbaugh eats a vitamin a day. It's called steak.

Jim Harbaugh thinks about football so much he just has khaki pants, a hat, and a bunch of sweatshirts.

...I mean...come on

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm like 80% sure he's never actually seen a woman naked.

It's taking everything in my being not to post the picture of him wearing a mask with a headset/microphone under his mask right now...

I feel like "in the wake of extremely negative news, man meets with his boss and then ultimately announces his resignation" is perhaps the biggest stretch of "cancel culture" I have ever seen.

It's not like there was a social media mob coming for Gruden (or that a social media mob can affect business in the NFL at all), it's that his boss made it clear that he couldn't continue in his role with the team.  It's the classic "resign to save face, so I don't have to fire you".

• Like 4