Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Frazier was terrible as a HC in Minnesota, but he has earned another chance and the players love him

I'm a firm believer that some excellent coordinators are just not cut out for the head coaching job, and should stick with what they are great at. Frazier strikes me as one of those types of coaches. I wish him luck, and he's certainly earned the opportunity if that's what he desires... but being a HC is different than being an OC/DC.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Pretty sure at team headquarters there is a team sculpture of the first SB winning team.  Do they simply put a cover over the HC of the team?  Maybe just saw off the sculpture below the knees and remove it entirely?  Hoping Schefty to get to the bottom of it, ASAP.

7 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:
8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Expand  

Wow. This is huge

When I first heard the email story last week, my thought was, "Who else was on that email chain"?

And frankly, at this point it's not a question of if but rather who else is part of this. Saw that the NFLPA wants all the emails released; the NFL so far is pushing back. But given that the NFL (who else?) leaked the Gruden news, they had to know that pandora's box was opened. Gruden is not an isolated case where he was spewing rhetoric for years.

This has the potential to grow into one of the biggest scandals in the history of the NFL, and if the league thought they could control this narrative and limit it to just Gruden, they are mistaken.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I'm assuming the new list won't come out until the end of the season because candidates typically don't leave or gain traction for other jobs until the current year is over. But hopefully we hire someone from the Bills or Rams.

Keep an eye out for Monti Ossenfort with Tennessee - he was an equal to Caserio, and more on the Pro player evaluation (so when NEP brings in a busted vet and they look like a star again? That's Ossenfort's work).

One name not mentioned on the list is ex-Texans GM Rick Smith; He was the GM until his wife started to fight breast cancer (she ultimately died in 2019). He's been looking to get back - while I have my reservations on some of the work he's done as a GM, his record in the 1st round is downright filthy:

- Duane Brown

- Kareem Jackson

- JJ Watt

- Whitney Mercilius

- DeAndre Hopkins

- Jadevion Clowney

- Will Fuller

- Deshaun Watson

Say what you will about everything else on his resume, Smith turns out some great picks in the 1st.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

As a Bucs fan, I'm good with this.

I'll never forget that '02 run, and despite thinking he is an entirely mediocre coach, and among the worst personnel minds in football history, we absolutely don't win that title without Gruden. That said, these recent revelations are disturbing to me, and I'm glad the team is choosing not to lionize somebody like him anymore.

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

When I first heard the email story last week, my thought was, "Who else was on that email chain"?

And frankly, at this point it's not a question of if but rather who else is part of this. Saw that the NFLPA wants all the emails released; the NFL so far is pushing back. But given that the NFL (who else?) leaked the Gruden news, they had to know that pandora's box was opened. Gruden is not an isolated case where he was spewing rhetoric for years.

This has the potential to grow into one of the biggest scandals in the history of the NFL, and if the league thought they could control this narrative and limit it to just Gruden, they are mistaken.

I just hope Kyle Shanahan didn't send anything bad when he was the OC.

Edited by 49erurtaza

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Keep an eye out for Monti Ossenfort with Tennessee - he was an equal to Caserio, and more on the Pro player evaluation (so when NEP brings in a busted vet and they look like a star again? That's Ossenfort's work).

One name not mentioned on the list is ex-Texans GM Rick Smith; He was the GM until his wife started to fight breast cancer (she ultimately died in 2019). He's been looking to get back - while I have my reservations on some of the work he's done as a GM, his record in the 1st round is downright filthy:

- Duane Brown

- Kareem Jackson

- JJ Watt

- Whitney Mercilius

- DeAndre Hopkins

- Jadevion Clowney

- Will Fuller

- Deshaun Watson

Say what you will about everything else on his resume, Smith turns out some great picks in the 1st.

Wasn't his picks in round 2-7 pretty bad tho? Lol

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Wasn't his picks in round 2-7 pretty bad tho?

He also once gave Brock Osweiler $36mm guaranteed. I said it, he's got some flaws - big ones at that. But that 1st round track record is a starting point for someone...

He's a good story overall, and I think he deserves another good opportunity. I was his biggest detractor, but can admit where he WAS good.

• Like 3