Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Forge said:

He resigned, which I assume will forfeit his remaining contract. Maybe he's getting a golden parachute from Mark Davis though to help make the decision 

I would think there is some kind of financial settlement which will ironically remain private.

• Like 1

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Seems like a drastic overreaction. Blows my mind how people haven't figured out how to handle these situations yet.

Honestly, I have no idea if Mark Davis would have done anything to him or not, ultimately. I don't know what behind the scenes machinations were at work, but this ripcord got pulled fast. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Seems like a drastic overreaction. Blows my mind how people haven't figured out how to handle these situations yet.

No way this, is an overreaction. Lol. He has the first openly gay player in his locker room. And black players who have kneel in protest before. How he gonna coach those players. 

• Like 3

I have one personal experience with Gruden. Probably never have a reason to tell it, so why not share...

Back in 2017, prior to a MNF game when he was a broadcaster, he got out of his car at Arrowhead and dropped his cell phone on the pavement. He then proceeded to take a step and just stood on his phone with his right foot. He apparently didn't realize it, so I politely walked up and let him know. He just gave me a glare, picked it up, and walked away. I heard from someone else that he was never friendly.

In short, John Gruden is a richard. I hope he finds happiness in retirement.

• Like 6